[solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album (2 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All necessary debugging information is already in the log file.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By "You have MBID in DB" you mean the FH DB, right?
    1588879196859.png

I can find the artist MBID there but where to search the album MBID?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Yes, the ID in the database is the previously found ID on the sites, if the ID is stored in the database, then the search on sites does not work. The record may be completely empty if no picture is found, but the ID is saved for the future.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, I wan't aware of these dummy items.

After setting MusicBrainz as the only MIBID provider and deleting all dummy items, on five affected previously wrong resolved albums the correct thumbs were downloaded.
    Wunderful! Thank you very, very much for your excellent support! (y)

I keep on testing with the new DLL.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Ah, I wan't aware of these dummy items.
    In the configurator there is a button to show them and delete them (in my opinion).
    After setting MusicBrainz as the only MIBID provider and deleting all dummy items, on five affected previously wrong resolved albums the correct thumbs were downloaded.
    It’s a pity that doesn’t suit me :) I can’t leave only MusicBrainz , I need all the providers, they give a more complete result. :)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very good that now you leave this choice to the user now! (y)

My experience with the other two MBID providers was bad on several albums. If a album was not found, any other album of the current artist was downloaded. And these were all known albums although their metadata was correct.
    This is not acceptable to me. I prefer quality rather than quantity.

By the way, are you aware that new downloaded Fanarts and album thumbs get displayed first next time when the track is played?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    My experience with the other two MBID providers was bad on several albums. If a album was not found
    The search is in order, AudioDB is very demanding on the correct writing of the artist and album, and quite accurate, LastFM has a certain algorithm for accounting for incorrect descriptions, takes into account umlauts, etc. and the tests are also quite accurate, but there are exceptions due to alternative names, we improved the MusicBrains and I think they began to give less errors as well.
    The search goes for all providers, one did not find, then we are looking at the second, the second did not find, then we are looking for the third. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom