Improved Weekly / Daily recording algorithm (1 Viewer)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Ah, OK, interesting, what is this exactly? A plugin that replaces the current scheduler?

dvdfreak, see my initial post on your thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=134907&postcount=3

Regards

Thanks!

I had a quick look at the thread about Bavarian's EPG. But is this not more something that notifies you about possibly interesting program rather than a replacement scheduler? Or did I not spend enough time looking more closely into it?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
To try and get this thread back on track:

Can you Broceliande, or The_Stig give me a list of open issues with the fuzzy recording. Exactly what is not working as it should with my patches applied?

I'd be happy to help resolve all remaining issues. But I would need a list of bugs/problems for that of course.

At least the biggest ones, those that made you decide to roll back the code. Please let me help out on this so this becomes a win-win situation!

Thanks!

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Well , hopefully you didn't misunderstand me , i do understand the feature you wanted to add and its expected behavior.
    I didn't drop the idea to add such . I didn't refuse your contribution either.
    (I also worked on an approximative string comparison for the title match).
    The real trouble is that you replaced some features by yours and that gave unexpected behaviors on certain types.
    We'll talk again about all that i'm pretty sure. ;)

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Well , hopefully you didn't misunderstand me , i do understand the feature you wanted to add and its expected behavior.
    The real trouble is that you replaced some features by yours and that gave unexpected behaviors on certain types.

Sure, I understood all this from your previous post, but what were the remaining issues with the "fuzzy" code?

If anyone can add new scheduling types called "Smart Weekly", "Smart Daily", etc... we could add the "fuzzy" code under those and leave the original ones the same as they were.

But then I'd still need to know what the remaining issues were, right? So I can fix what is needed. Or were there no real issues left and was the only reason to revert the code the fact that the behaviour was changed?

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Sure, I understood all this from your previous post, but what were the remaining issues with the "fuzzy" code?

If anyone can add new scheduling types called "Smart Weekly", "Smart Daily", etc... we could add the "fuzzy" code under those and leave the original ones the same as they were.

But then I'd still need to know what the remaining issues were, right? So I can fix what is needed. Or were there no real issues left and was the only reason to revert the code the fact that the behaviour was changed?

I'm starting to talk to myself ;) So, no remaining issues??

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Broce is very busy current days. Please dvdfreak, understand that it isnt always possible to react instantly. I know its not easy to understand that you worked on that fuzzy stuff and also trying to fix it, which the team really appreciates, but it still remains cutted out of SVN.
    But its simply not possible to devote full time of a dev to every submit on forums/sourceforge. Currently it seems to be that the fuzzy stuff simply doesn't fit to the whole Code. There isn't MP to blame neither is your fuzzy-stuff to blame. It seems just not to match. Remember: I am no dev, thats only what i think i understood from the discussions on IRC.
    But an experienced and very cooperative dev (and personality off course too) like broce wouldnt drop anything if there would be an other feasible solution.
    What I am begging you now is too simply step back, keep your fuzzy local (maybe an dll here for download) and wait until a dev keeps it up again.

Regards

dvdfreak

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Broce is very busy current days. Please dvdfreak, understand that it isnt always possible to react instantly. I know its not easy to understand that you worked on that fuzzy stuff and also trying to fix it, which the team really appreciates, but it still remains cutted out of SVN.
    But its simply not possible to devote full time of a dev to every submit on forums/sourceforge. Currently it seems to be that the fuzzy stuff simply doesn't fit to the whole Code. There isn't MP to blame neither is your fuzzy-stuff to blame. It seems just not to match. Remember: I am no dev, thats only what i think i understood from the discussions on IRC.
    But an experienced and very cooperative dev (and personality off course too) like broce wouldnt drop anything if there would be an other feasible solution.
    What I am begging you now is too simply step back, keep your fuzzy local (maybe an dll here for download) and wait until a dev keeps it up again.

Regards

I'm sorry if I appear offended and keep pushing for more information, but can't any of the MP developers understand that the fact that the code was dropped is not really a problem for me? But the fact that no-one gives me *any* idea of what's wrong with it is that makes this frustrating. I'm not even given a chance to further work on this and improve what's needed in the greater scheme of things.

But OK, I'll let it go. Let's end this thread.

I'll just patch TVE3 locally then and maybe I'll still be around if and when this is picked up again ;)

StaticMan

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It surprises me that the developers have not devoted more time to this. For me, and I would guess anyone who uses MP as a PVR, I rank the ability to accurately and reliably record a series at the top of the list.

MCE had the best series record options. You tell it to record a series, you had these options:
    - Single channel or any channel
    - First run or re-runs of the show
    - Specific time or anytime

I'd set it up for any channel, any time and it would never miss an episode; it would also not record 30 of the same episode. It kept a history off all the recordings so it would never record the same one twice. It also set an episode back up to record if it did not record properly.
    I haven't had success getting MP/TV3 to do any of this yet.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I really hope so too, living in Belgium this is really needed...
    Any word on the timeframe? So when it your code would be ready to integrate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom