Improvement for Download Section (1 Viewer)

tom78

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.

As a user of the released (old") version of MP (v1.0.2) i was looking für Bleazle Wide v7.1, but i only found v8.1, which is for 1.1.0 RC1 or later only.

So i think it would be great when there would exist 2 different download sections:
- Skins and Plugins for official releases
- latest version of Skins and Plugins for SVNs or RCs

What do you think about it?

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I agree. I am also user of official release 1.0.2.0 and I'm not involved in the testing process of SVNs or RCs. I regret I can't help in this important task.

As I see on the forum almost all users have latest RC installed and they write on the forum about latest versions of plugins and skins.
    I have to say that looking for a stable (official) versions of anything is a nightmare. Some of the plugins developers clearly point which version is for 1.0.2.0 (not many of them), but most of the posts concerns 1.1 RCs. It is really hard to differentiate which version of the plugin/skin/file is suitable for the last official release.

Clear designation of the version compatibility could really help. What I mean there should be some rules concerning plugins/skins publishing - either in the thread title or at least in the first post. Split in the forum for stable (official) versions and work-in-progress versions would also be a benefit for all users.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
    kesar

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kesar, we are preparing a new repository software at the moment which will allow the user to see which version is supported by the plugin/skin (by icons in listview and details) and also allows several files per item (version history for example or different versions for release/stable). This should cover the most issues with different versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 24.05.png
      Screenshot - 24.05.png
      9 KB

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi kesar, we are preparing a new repository software at the moment which will allow the user to see which version is supported by the plugin/skin (by icons in listview and details) and also allows several files per item (version history for example or different versions for release/stable). This should cover the most issues with different versions.

Hi High.
    Would that also make it possible to upload update xml file. And everything needed in the new mpei installer? :)

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    And one more thing from my side: I have constantly errors in my logs regarding missing links/translations in [language].xml file (No translation found for id *****). Everytime I add manually line with appropriate number and string "Surprise". Unfortunately I didn't recognize these descriptions anywhere in MP GUI to update it. There is also no information on the forums/manual/wiki about all strings for all plugins at the moment. At least I couldn't find it.
    One place for all developers to update all strings available would do the trick, I guess.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And one more thing from my side: I have constantly errors in my logs regarding missing links/translations in [language].xml file (No translation found for id *****). Everytime I add manually line with appropriate number and string "Surprise". Unfortunately I didn't recognize these descriptions anywhere in MP GUI to update it. There is also no information on the forums/manual/wiki about all strings for all plugins at the moment. At least I couldn't find it.
    One place for all developers to update all strings available would do the trick, I guess.

Please use this and upload it in the subpart on the forum: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-mediaportal-installer-user-interface-37470/

:)

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I can do it, but I don't know whether it will be of any benefit to anyone. I have MP 1.0.2 with a certain set of plugins. I don't want to mess things up, since there might be a lot of changes implemented lately by people working on 1.1 RCx. And since I don't know which plugin uses the missing string, I add these strings manually in en.xml (general language) file and not in plugin separate files.

In case you still want the file I can PM it to you...

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No i don't need it. Well RC3 is much more stable than 1.0.2. Didn't you change language in MP configuration to polish? The en.xml shouldn't be changed. You should have po.xml or similar.

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    No, I prefer to use english for MP. There are many movie descriptions in MovingPictures and TV series not available in Polish, so I thought I want some consistency. Also other plugin language files are translated very late. Maybe I will change it one day, who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom