Improvement for Download Section (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi kesar - about the translations - it's a bit off topic for downloads - website feedback, but there really is no place to talk about Translation other than in the Development forum > Localization. There is some good info there as you likely know!

I am sure you can understand it is impractical to support all plugin translations in the MP string files. If we did that, then plugin updates would be inaccurate until MP was updated. The good news is that I find more and more plugins are paying more attention to translations, both by providing string files with the plugin and by providing translatable properties to use in the skin files. The one area that is problematic still is Basic Home for the plugin name since it does not use the plugin string files, nor any property defined in the plugin for the plugin name (that only works in MyHome/Plugins). Once our feature freeze is lifted, after MP 1.1.0 I plan to ask for a solution to this. Any suggestions?

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi Dadeo,

The problem for me is not the translation, since I use English in MP. The problem is that I can't find string description for some links. I could translate it even by myself and publish it for general use, but since I know only the number of the string and don't know its name I can't do anything about that.

What I meant is full strings source/list, easy to update by plugin developers and easy to access by users like me.

Regarding your question: sorry, no idea. I do these things by myself modifying corresponding xml skin file.

Regards,
    kesar

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    H Kesar - you lost me - you can search in the string files by number (I have to do it quite often!) so I think I have not understood you! Maybe an example?

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Please explain, this time I'm lost.
    My usual procedure looks like this:
    - I find in the logs "string missing error" with appropriate number;
    - I edit the language file and add a line with this number;
    I tried many times to search for this number in other files in text mode - no luck.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK I understand you now. You cannot search for a string that isn't there! Can you give me an example of a missing string error message? You should not be getting any for MP core features. If you do, we should report those and get them fixed!

You might get string missing error messages for some plugins, especially older ones, because plugins are now supposed to provide their own string files and our developers have been gradually removing plugin strings and names from the main MP string files.

So just give me an example or two if you can and I will try to follow up on it.

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I thought I have to do it one more time, when I move to 1.1 soon. If it's/will be fixed as you described I see no problem anymore.
    Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom