"Include timeshift buffer in Record Now recordings" = duplicate recordings (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If you enable the "Include timeshift buffer in Record Now recordings" option, then set programme x to record, then start watching programme x half way through, you'll end up with 2 TS files in your "recorded TV" folder. One starts from the beginning of programme x, as expected, and the other starts from when you started watching programme x.

Very easy to reproduce - just start watching a show after it's already started recording.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I understand it's in the "debug" options, but then so is "Use UNC paths instead of RTSP" and for some people that's the only way to get stutter-free playback on clients (myself included).

If it's really not considered a bug in 1.3.0, where can I report it so it gets fixed?

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I understand it's in the "debug" options, but then so is "Use UNC paths instead of RTSP" and for some people that's the only way to get stutter-free playback on clients (myself included).

If it's really not considered a bug in 1.3.0, where can I report it so it gets fixed?

How do i get to those "debug" options?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
Type "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /DebugOptions from the command line (assuming you're using a 64-bit version of Windows).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If you enable the "Include timeshift buffer in Record Now recordings" option, then set programme x to record, then start watching programme x half way through, you'll end up with 2 TS files in your "recorded TV" folder. One starts from the beginning of programme x, as expected, and the other starts from when you started watching programme x.

Very easy to reproduce - just start watching a show after it's already started recording.

You can test this feature from my unofficial build.

regeszter's MePo (local development)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom