MP2 - V2.3 Incorrect Image playlist created when using folder view (1 Viewer)

bondradcot

Portal Member
November 24, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Before you create this bug report:
  1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
  2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
  3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
  4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:
Since upgrading from Mediaportal 2 V2.2.3 to V2.3 recently, I have found that playback of images when in folder view is incorrect. While I welcome the ability to now play music and display photos simultaneously, this seems to have introduced a bug that was not there previously. I have a few thousand photos in multiple folders and use folder view exclusively to allow me to select the group I wish to view. Now, if for example I select a folder with say 5 photos in it from folder view then the menu shows the correct folder with the correct 5 photos in it. When I select one of the photos to display however, then a playlist containing many hundreds of photos is generated, starting with the photo I have selected and then containing all my photos (irrespective of which folder they are in) with titles that follow sequentially from the one selected.

I have experimented with changing the view to library View and that appear to work as expected although it is not suitable for my requirements. It would appear to me that the playlist generation is not taking account of folder view and just building the playlist as if library view was still selected.

I have not included any log files with this report as no crashes occur and I can't see the relevance but I can create some if required.

Please Note that my version is V2.3, not V2.2.3 as required to be filled in below.

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:

Set up a number of images to display in MediaPortal2 version 2.3. Ensure that a small number of them are in a unique directory. Select Folder View for the images and select this unique folder. Attempt to play them and note that a much larger playlist is created than the images in the folder. Exactly which images appear after the one selected will depend on you image titles / numbers.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
@Scheibes could you try to reproduce?
Could not reproduce this problem.
I also use the folder view.

When i open a folder and start the slideshow, the slideshow only shows the pictures in the folder and stops when all pictures are showed.

When i manual skips the pictures, with my remote, then if i skip the last picture it shows again the first picture.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

bondradcot

Portal Member
November 24, 2020
Home Country
I can't imagine what I am doing wrong. I have simplified my system for test purposes to the following:-

One folder on a local drive called Temp Photos which contains 3 sub folders Folder A, Folder B and Folder C

Folder A has 3 photos labeled A1 - A3
Folder B has 5 photos labelled B1 - B5
Folder C has 7 photos labelled C1 - C7

I have added Temp Photos as a media source of type Image.

If I now go to display images, I first of all get Temp Photos. If I enter this folder I get the three folders Folder A, Folder B and Folder C as expected. If I enter say Folder B, I get the 5 photos in it listed as I would expect. If I then click on the first one a playlist is generated but it is too quick to read how many are in it. If I play or step through the photos from the controls all 5 photos in Folder B are displayed followed by the 7 in folder C.

If instead I select Folder A and start at say the second photo (A2) then photos A2 and A3 are displayed followed by B1 - B5 followed by C1 - C7

In every case, it is as if all the sub folders are ignored and the player is just playing all the photos in Temp Photos in numerical order from the starting point.

This was not the case with V2.2.3 which operated as expected.

I have demonstrated this problem on two different systems and with both the 32 bit and 64 bit clients.

Please note, my installation includes replacement of MediaItemRecordingDetails.inc as suggested on forum to correct fault with Recordings menu in MCE skin and addition of msvcp120.dll and msvcr.dll as also suggested on forum to fix error with 64 bit client. I doubt these are relevant but included just in case.

Can you suggest anything else to try?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try to uninstall the current version, the settings will be kept. And then install following test version:
    https://tinyurl.com/y3mtetpu
    It contains many fixes after MP2.3 release. I don’t think it will change something, but it’s worth a try and then we see further with the same base. I think @Scheibes will also update to it.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Folder A has 3 photos labeled A1 - A3
    Folder B has 5 photos labelled B1 - B5
    Folder C has 7 photos labelled C1 - C7
    I just tried with this setup and if I play A2 in the folder view it plays A2-A4 an then stops. The same with folder B and C, it only plays images from the sub folder as expected.

bondradcot

Portal Member
    November 24, 2020
    Home Country
    I have just installed the Work In Progress version provided by @ge2301 and it has fixed the problem. It now operates as expected, just playing the photos in the relevant sub-folder. Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have just installed the Work In Progress version provided by @ge2301 and it has fixed the problem. It now operates as expected, just playing the photos in the relevant sub-folder. Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.
    There was no change obviously related to it, but maybe something as the fixed user management or similar made it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom