Incorrect Title Via Scrapper (1 Viewer)

MatthiasB

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
Moving Pictures Version: 1.1.5

Added the movie Inside Job (IMDb - Inside Job (2010)) recently and the scrapper is putting the title as IMDB - Inside Job. If I try to use the manual interface the drop down box only lists IMDB - Inside Job (2010) as the correct choice. The other choices are for different movies. This is the first time I've come across an issue like this.

Edit: I just noticed that the title of the page is IMDB - Inside Job. The scrapper must look at the <title> tags in the page.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
    Moving Pictures Version: 1.1.5

Added the movie Inside Job (IMDb - Inside Job (2010)) recently and the scrapper is putting the title as IMDB - Inside Job. If I try to use the manual interface the drop down box only lists IMDB - Inside Job (2010) as the correct choice. The other choices are for different movies. This is the first time I've come across an issue like this.

Edit: I just noticed that the title of the page is IMDB - Inside Job. The scrapper must look at the <title> tags in the page.

The IMDb website updated their code and indeed prefix some movies with "IMDb - ". So you have to update your scraper to a new version that compensates for this.

You can update your imdb.com scraper to the new one available at: Issue 1040 - moving-pictures - IMDb v2.1.5 - Fixes "IMDb - " title prefix problem - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting

Or you can grab the IMDb+ scraper from my signature link for the same fix and more options :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom