Information for all (Z77Mainboard and CoreI5-3450CPU) (2 Viewers)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today i've read the first review of IvyBridge (german language)! 24p bug seems to be solved -> Link

scorpie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, for my jumping in here.

Could someone tell me what that 24p bug is.

I own a z68 extreme 4 gen 3
    I2500k
    8gig ram
    Nvidia GTS 240
    Win7 64bit

I ask because every movie no matter if it is a mkv with 23,...Hz or 50hz is juddering a bit.
    No problem with xbmc or vlc.

I have tried differnt codecs
    Microsoft build in
    cuda
    Lav

with Lav I am not able to play avis with 50hz. The sound is there but I can't see soemthing.

All movies have been ok under xp with 4gig ram on my old (now broken) machine with mp.

Stronger machine but the result are depressing

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, for my jumping in here.

Could someone tell me what that 24p bug is.

I own a z68 extreme 4 gen 3
    I2500k
    8gig ram
    Nvidia GTS 240
    Win7 64bit

I ask because every movie no matter if it is a mkv with 23,...Hz or 50hz is juddering a bit.
    No problem with xbmc or vlc.

I have tried differnt codecs
    Microsoft build in
    cuda
    Lav

with Lav I am not able to play avis with 50hz. The sound is there but I can't see soemthing.

All movies have been ok under xp with 4gig ram on my old (now broken) machine with mp.

Stronger machine but the result are depressing

If you use a dedicated GFX there will be no 24p bug. It is only gonna happen with onboard intel video cards. 24p bug means that the video card can only output a refreshrate of 24Hz and not 23,976Hz like most blurays have. So you will have a framedrop every x seconds. Thats how I understand it..

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you use a dedicated GFX there will be no 24p bug. It is only gonna happen with onboard intel video cards.
    Sorry, but that's not true. Lots of Devices has this 24P bug. AVR, HDMI Splitter, TV, Beamer, GFX Cards,... It's just raises to public interest as all the really modern Sandy-Bridge chipsets has this bug...

To avoid this bug you need a complete HDMI- chain without this bug. My HDMI- Chain as example is quite easy. GT 430 direct on TV, both without this Bug, so no Problem here. But if I had e.g. an Onkyo or Panasonic AVR, build before 2010, and I go from my GFX to this AVR and then to my TV voila, the Bug is there...

As far as I know the GTS 240 did not have this Bug. This is mainly on older ATI and NVidia Cards...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Intel Core with integrated graphics won't do vector adaptive
    deinterlacing, so is not well suited for interlaced tv imho.

datfreak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2006
    thankyou for the writeup.
    I'm soon to be building a z77 hptc and your info is helpful. I'm going to use a i3 - prob 3225 (w 4000 gpu)and hopefully use a bigger heatsink so it can be passively cooled - quiet and low power.
    some q's
    How much extra power does it use with the tv card and a 2nd hdd? (sdd and hdd)

Are you happy with your motherboard? - I was looking at a z77 Asus or gigabyte mitx, maybe even the LE model that is simple(only 2 ram slots no bells or whistles etc)

Have to found any problems with the setup? Does s3 standby work? - mp stability after resume?

thanks

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Intel Core with integrated graphics won't do vector adaptive
    deinterlacing, so is not well suited for interlaced tv imho.
    Vector adaptive is an AMD terminus. You won't find this in any Nvidia or Intel GPU. Didn't matter at all, as all modern GPU has adequate technique available.
    Probably the HD4000 is the best integrated GPU available today if it comes to Media stuff. It's more than twice as powerful as the biggest GPU, AMD has to offer in their A10 CPU. AMD A10 is a lot stronger if it comes to 3D games, but in all terms of Media, Intel's HD4000 is the winner. Even the HD2500 is hard to beat by something else than HD4000....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom