Input devices shortcuts not working on the USB remote (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No that did not work, however just to clarify, some buttons do work in MP2 like the arrow buttons, the back button, OK, and several others. These buttons however, have no effect when trying to use them to map shortcuts in the Input Device.
    Hopefully the updated version will resolve your problem but if you have not done so try and use a mouse or KB to navigate and trigger the mapping then map the OK and up/down keys functions to your remote buttons. I can confirm that the OK button (Enter) when not mapped in Input Devices still works on the MP2 home screen etc. but sometimes does not function in the mapping screen, I did not try the up/down buttons yet.

@ge2301 There does seem to be something strange going on with Input Devices MP 2.4.1, my mapping was inherited from earlier versions so I did not need to use it with the upgrade but when troubleshooting this thread "sometimes" Input Devices does not respond to the OK button on the remote on the mapping screen until it is actually mapped, i.e. you can not map anything until you map something (OK) which I have never noted before! I will look again at it during the day and post back here if I can reliably reproduce the problem which may be what the OP is seeing.

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for the update on this issue, hopefully you can make some progress on resolving it. I am quite happy to try anything you may want to test on another system.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Please extract the attached rar package to your desktop or elsewhere
    • Start the MP2-Client.exe from the folder and check, if the desired devices can be configured now

Attachments

• MP2-Client.rar
      198.2 MB
    Last edited:

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    I have only done a very quick test on one function, as I have to go out for a lot of today. That test indicated that it still does not work.
    However once I get back I will carry out additional testing and let you know.
    Thanks for your efforts.

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    I have now done further testing with the MP2-Client you sent. I am sorry to report that it appears to have the same issues.
    Thanks again for all your efforts, hopefully you may come up with a solution.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have now done further testing with the MP2-Client you sent. I am sorry to report that it appears to have the same issues.
    Thanks again for all your efforts, hopefully you may come up with a solution.
    Can you upload log files (in debug mode) after you tried the mapping.

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    See attached log. I can also send you a link to a screen capture of the keys that were pressed during the log capture, if that would be helpful

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-12-01-08.49.47.zip
      382.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    See attached log. I can also send you a link to a screen capture of the keys that were pressed during the log capture, if that would be helpful
    There is no error visible and the keys you tried to map were recognized. Anyway, I'm not expert on that.
    I hoped the input could be interesting for @Brownard

goorawin

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Here is the screen capture of that log file. It would be interesting to see if it matches the log file. Time wise it will not because the frame rate is different.

Attachments

• Screen capture.mp4
      17.4 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom