InputDeviceMapper Plugin (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    You mean like this?
    T-Square said:
    P.S.: New question for nicer posts: How can I do that "You wrote:" stuff?

All you have to do is hit the "quote" button on the post that you want to post. This will give you everything and you can simply delete the bits you don't want. Otherwise you can change the quote header to quote="Marcusb"

The image still didn't work. Maybe it's broken in the system. I haven't seen an embedded image for a long time now I come to think of it.
    Here's my try:
    my.php

[edit] Ok, it looks like the pics are broken in here at the moment.
    In regards to your setup, I simply mean that in it's present state it has it's own kind of coolness in a very open type of way ;-)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    T-Square said:
    Hi mzemina,

what have I made wrong?
    I wanted to have the pic in my post and not only the link.

T-Square

Sorry T-Square. It was suppose (except for the typo) to work that way! :oops:

telgere

October 30, 2005
    mapping

Could someone tell me the command for back menu (like hitting Esc in mce skin). Cant seem to figure it out.
    Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Not sure if this is exactly what you are asking for, but I think it will be quite useful for you. Do a search for a plugin called "MyKeys". This will let you assign a key to go directly to the usual places, like Home, MyTV etc.

telgere

October 30, 2005
    Works great cause i just realised i can bind buttons on the remote to keystrokes from mykeys with inputdevicemanager, thanks again.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    kaburke - I reinstalled my entire system because I did a hardware upgrade.
    I am not using TVTool any more but the function "switch to next monitor" of nvidias nview. I configured it to change on "ctrl + ü"

still same problem: the tool does not recognize it when configured in inputdevicemapper.
    pressing the combination on the keyboard makes the tool switch...

So still the question: is it possible to send this command in general to the hole system? It "only" has to emulate the keyboard pressing.
    Can't be impossible, can it? :roll:

Eggert

kaburke

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Eggert said:
    So still the question: is it possible to send this command in general to the hole system?
    I think I may have mentioned this before (so forgive me if I am repeating myself): the keystrokes from InputDeviceMapper are sent to the active application (MediaPortal, Notepad, whatever). There may well be a way to send them to the system instead, but I will have to look into it. If anyone has any ideas let me know. Meanwhile I will see what I can find out.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    I am not a good coder but I think there is a really small difference between sending the command to one program and to the hole system.

There should be a short script which emulates the keyboard. It would be cool if this "emulate option" can be checked in IDM for each command - because it's only one command which needs it in my case.

What happens when one press a button on the keyboard? It must be a short signal - the script should recognize the remote button pressing and send this signal to the system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Eggert

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom