InputDeviceMapper Plugin (1 Viewer)

Spyder

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
i still cant controll my MP with my X10 remote :(

i've tried inputdevicemapper and i can't get it to work

can some1 teach me it on msn or something ?

my msn is Djspyder@telenet.be

Thanx !!

captainspanky

Portal Pro
December 8, 2005
I've loaded up RC3 and I get an error about how this plugin isn't compatible and isn't loaded... Can't use my remote with RC3, so I'm not using RC3! :p

Any thoughts? I'll do some more poking around on the forums to see if anyone has any suggestions?

kaburke

Portal Pro
March 4, 2005
Alberta, Canada
Unfortunately I have become rather busy over the last few months, and it looks like I will be kept so for some time. As a result InputDeviceMapper as been left untouched for quite some time (as I'm sure some of you have realized). Indeed, the "patch" from whence it can be downloaded has been closed (can someone tell me if that is because InputDeviceMapper's functionality has been superceeded by something built into MP?).

Indeed, I haven't even looked at MP since v1.2. I have bumped the plugin up a couple of notches on my "things to do" list, but it's still not a priority. Once MP v2.0 is released, I will likely take some time to figure out where things stand.

I will try to visit the forums once in a while, and help in any limited way that I can, but until I download the lastest version of MP and start messing around, I may not be of much use. If something is REALLY driving you bonkers, PM me and it will likely cause me to become interested enough to take a look.

styxelite

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
Hi guys, I'm new here to the forum, so be nice =)

I've got the Creative SoundBlaster Live! 24-Bit External (http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=10702) and I would like to use the supplied RM-1500 remote to operate MediaPortal. How must I do this?

PS: I've tried to use InputDeviceMapper and LegacyLiveDriveIR, but when configuring LegacyLiveDriveIR I cannot select my external soundcard as the MIDI device.....

Help would be much appreciated

kaburke

Portal Pro
March 4, 2005
Alberta, Canada
Unfortuntely the LiveDriveIR (and LegacyLiveDriveIR) were designed to be used only with the LiveDrives (the internal soundcard add-on that sits in a 5 1/4" bay). The LiveDrives handle the remote by sending the received signals across a MIDI device; unfortunately the external devices do not appear to behave this way. As such, my plugins won't be of any use to you (unless someone who is familiar with the external devices writes a device plugin for InputDeviceMapper).

My apologies that I can't be of any help.

If someone could explain how the extarnal remote works (i.e., how it receives/processes remote control commands), I may be able to work something out.

styxelite

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
I've kinda made it work by changing the .key files in the Mediasource\Remote\Keymap directory.... if anyone needs to know how I did it lemme know and I'll post the how-to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom