Install Aborts on Direct X 9c (1 Viewer)

abrogard

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
My installation aborts on the Direct X9c install.

Goes all through it apparently doing fine and then finishes with what I think is an OS message that the Direct X thing is not legal somehow and the system will not allow the install.

I have WinXP SP2 and I'm trying to install the download I got an hour ago from the website - Mediaportal final or something it was.

abrogard

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
Thanks for the reply. Quite a surprising reply. No trivial matter to install Media Portal. Following your link I find a suggested devoted second drive, even.

When I can get around to all that I don't know, I'm not sure. I will when I can.

Meanwhile I only got into this because I'm chasing a free viewer prog for my digital tv card - the 'Presto' thing that comes with it is rubbish.

I don't suppose some subset of your Portal would provide that function? Or you know of some other project that has such a thing?

It sure would be good to have this fully fledged 'media portal' - a whole hard drive devoted to it - it's an enticing proposition and I will go for it, just those little hurdles to jump - buying a drive, installing it and configuring, getting SP3 onto this computer, installing Media Portal. But then I'd have somethng special by sound of it.

:)

P.S. Upon checking I find I DO have SP3 installed, after all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom