install issue after 0.6.5 to 0.7.0 upgrade (1 Viewer)

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
good evening

I tried to upgrade from moving pictures 0.6.5 to 0.7.0 by running the installer.
plugin configuration went smothly, recognized the existing database and added some new found movies - so far so good.
but when viewing moving pictures in mediaportal all i could see were placeholders (using monochrome 2.4). I thought I overwritten some skin setting by installing moving pictures so I decided to upgrade to monochrome 2.5. After that moving pictures has not been loaded in mediaportal configuration anymore with following error message

"An error occured when loading the plugin
MediaPortal.Plugin.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI

It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

When starting MediaPortal now I get an error message on the home screen indicating missing or invalid MyHome.xml in my skin directory. Also none of my plugins are shown anymore.

Reverting to either moving pictures 6.5 or 6.6 did not solve any of these problems.
When deleting MovingPictures.dll at least I can start MediaPortal normaly without error message and use the TV Series plugin normally.

could anybody advise on what I'm missing here? I just love this plugin and I'm a bit frustrated not beeing able to use it anymore :mad:

thank you - steve

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you post your debug logs I will take a look. It sounds like this is a bug that is fixed in the upcoming 0.7.1 release. If your issue is what I think it is, the work around is to use updated skin files for Monochrome. You could also wait for the 0.7.1 release which should be out in a day or two.

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
If you post your debug logs I will take a look. It sounds like this is a bug that is fixed in the upcoming 0.7.1 release. If your issue is what I think it is, the work around is to use updated skin files for Monochrome. You could also wait for the 0.7.1 release which should be out in a day or two.

hi fforde

thank you for responding so quickly.

here is what I see in the log files:
"15-Feb-2009 20:55:34 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\movingpictures.db3
15-Feb-2009 20:55:36 Info [ SettingsManager]: SettingsManager Shutting Down
15-Feb-2009 20:55:36 Info [ SettingsManager]: SettingsManager Shutting Down "

it's not much as i can not access the plugin configuration at all at the moment.

i'll try the modified skin xmls and report later, have to watch our valentine's movie with the miss now :p

thank you - steve

finally finished the movie and had some time to try the altered xmls but without any luck.

when opening media portal configuration and selecting the "plugin" configuration menu I immediatly receive the same error message as before

"An error occured when loading the plugin
MediaPortal.Plugin.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI"

as I'm still running MP 1.0.0.0 could it be that I need to update to 1.0.0.3 - btw I couldn't yet find a download of this 1.0.0.3 version and did not want to experiment with some weekly builds or is this the same?.

anyhow as reverting to 0.6.5 or 0.6.6 (just by replacing the .dll) is not changing anything, could it be that i screwed my mediaportal installation itself or is this a problem with some residue files in the application data folder that are causing the pluging not working anymore?

thank you for any hints or help - steve

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
This sounds like an unhandled error in the plug-in and usually this is due to something in the database getting out of wack. We can probably get you fixed without rebuilding your database or anything, can you reproduce the error in the MediaPortal GUI and post your movingpictures.log and error.log files though? Make sure you have debug logging turned on from the MediaPortal config screen.

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
good morning

In the meantime I rememberd upon first launching 0.7 I could access the plugin configuration. there the plugin recognized and added to the database a few BluRay images I had on the disc, that 0.6.5 did not recognized previously. I haven't yet figured out how to configure the playback of BluRay images on this computer.

could does BR images cause this exception and how can I remove them from the database directly without using the plugin config?

I'll post more log files tonight.

thank you - steve

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
so here are the logs. the plugins don't show at all in the mediaportal home GUI.

moviepictures.log

16-Feb-2009 19:49:42 Info [ DatabaseManager]: Successfully Opened Database: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\movingpictures.db3
16-Feb-2009 19:49:43 Info [ SettingsManager]: SettingsManager Shutting Down

error.log

2009-02-16 19:49:42.452032 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI
2009-02-16 19:49:42.452032 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
2009-02-16 19:49:42.463032 [ERROR][MPMain]: at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
2009-02-16 19:49:43.169032 [ERROR][MPMain]: exception loading window C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Monochrome\myHome.xml err:An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at Cornerstone.Database.SettingsManager..ctor(DatabaseManager DBManager)
at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MainUI.ConfigConnector.GetHome(String& strButtonText, String& strButtonImage, String& strButtonImageFocus, String& strPictureImage)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Home.GUIHome.LoadButtonNames()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Home.GUIHomeBaseWindow.OnWindowLoaded()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()

thank you for your support and keep up the good work - steve

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
That's interesting, it looks like you have some settings in your database duplicated. I have put a fix in to handle this situation more gracefully (i.e. log the bad data and move on without crashing). We will be building another alpha for 0.7.1 for internal testing later today, when it's ready, I will send you a PM to verify the fix.

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
thank you very much, I really appreciate your help and I'm looking forward to the next alpha release.
is there a decent open source editor for db3 databases so I can try and have a look at the database see if i can pin point the inconsitency/duplicate or shouldn't one mess with it?

good night - steve

SteveZissou

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
marvenius: thank you very much for the links this will come in handy!

John: the 0.7.1 alpha solved the problem - i can access the plugin & database again. i PMed you the details. thank you very much for your assitance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom