Install Media portal with Moving Pictures on other PC (1 Viewer)

razzorx

Portal Member
November 30, 2011
Hi everyone, so i have tried to install media portal on other pc and moving pictures but i have a problem, it seems that i need to add again videos info (imdb), i tried to copy the same database files that i have on desktop but of course i didnt succeed because the location is diferente for example: on desktop i have drive f: but using maping drive on my laptop i have f:hometheater (network drive) so how can i have moving pictures on my laptop without doing all over again?

Tks in advance

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    It depends of your sql knowings. You can batch replace wrong pathes with right ones. I'm sure @RoChess can give some details on it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No need to know SQL

Create same UNC path or <drive-letter>:\<path> as seperate import path on existing system.

Then move dbase and files over to new system, and Moving-Pictures will do a quick internal import path update.

I have recently done the same, and only 2 files showed up inside the importer that went through a full fresh import, but this was like 0.05% of the total and might have had other conditions at play.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Another way is to use MovPicNfo Tool (available here in Forum) to add covers and metadata to your movies. Then a reimport on any machine with any path lasts only few moments and all manual changes you may've done are saved also....

razzorx

Portal Member
    November 30, 2011
    Hi everybody,

So... I´ve done it.

Really simple -.-

1-I made an Backup from Database (Moving Pictures) and Database Thumbs (Moving Pictures) from the other pc with Moving Pictures installed
    2-Renamed Network Drive to Local Disk (f:) (in my case)
    3-Install Media Portal and Moving Pictures on other PC
    4- Copy the Backup Files to the same location.
    5- Open Moving Pictures and close
    6- Start Media Portal and its done

Tks all

But im having a problem because media portal is allways crashing, but i think its because of codecs pack ( now atm i´m trying to understand that :) )

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Switch MediaPortal to debug verbosity on log files and recreate the problem (ideally using the test link MePo provides), then post the ZIP file generated that will contain all the log files needed to assist you.

MediaPortal comes with LAV, which has its little quirks, but should work fine. Check otherwise if you have the latest version installed, the current as of right now is 0.61.1 and you can check this via start menu/screen under the all programs section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom