Install Problems USA (1 Viewer)

justlivin'

January 20, 2006
Hey, Ive been searching for the proper frotend that has a client mode. I tried Beyondtv, gotv, sagetv, gbpvr, meedio and dabeled a bit with mythtv. Now im on the meedioportal track. I cant install set this thing up tho. I am in NJ in the USA and xmltv is a pain. How do I configure it for cable tv with a digital settopbox? Another thing I have a settop box and usbuirt. I checked the settings i have the pluin installed but whenever i try to configure it the system automatically skips to the next button without entering the key on my remote. So how do I get the tv guide and the remote to work correctly? Thanks for your help. Im running out of software options here, hehe.

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
Welcome to the Mediaportal world

I've tried probably just about everyone of the apps you mentioned including DScaler.

I may not be able to help with the STB problem but I'm certain if you search the forum you'll find the answers your looking for.

As for XMLTV checkout:
http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12165

I'm only guessing but I'd bet your using a Digital Cable STB
What type of Tuner are you using?
PM me if you'd like more specific info

justlivin'

January 20, 2006
My specs are cel 2ghz
3 hdds maxing out @ 220gb
384mb
win xp sp2 home all updates installed
one dvd+-rw
hauppauge pvr 250 mce
Thanks for the xmltv link, thats finally working, question: why not use zap2it for the USA, its so much easier like in gbpvr
As
for the stb its a scientific atlanta exploer 4200 compliments of cablevision digital cable. Any ideas for the usbuirt?

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
Using my config XMLTV is going thru Zap2It altho I wish we in the USA had a better method than having to go thru the internet for TvGuide info.

I wish I had more info on using the usbuirt for you but since I dont have a STB I have no way of knowing!

Adelphia is my cable provider out here and they simply reuse to believe that using a STB with a computer is even possible GRRRRRRR, and until recently there simply was no alternative other than going thru a STB for digital cable.
No manufacture had developed a Digital cable tuner card for PC use, or at least thats what I've been told over and over again!

Well as of last night I ran across a thread in the forum while reading post and found this sight/manufacture:

http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2.asp

and have sent them an email asking them for more info on obtaining one of they're cards. They have some web site links to sells in North America but none of them have the card I'm interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom