Install tv-server 1.3 without updating MP client

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by kmcc049, October 23, 2012.

1. kmcc049

kmcc049 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi,

I have previously had dvb-s working fine on my machine. At some unknown point it stopped working. I largely wasn't using it for a long period and came back to it and it was having severe issues getting the graph. I think its some form of problem within MP as other software seems to be able to play the DVB-S signal. I am hoping that some of the changes in 1.3 will fix my problems. So I want to upgrade to 1.3, however I don't really want to use an alpha version of the MP client, as if anything is broken my wife has a meltdown. So my question is, is tv-server 1.3 compilable with 1.2.3 MP client? If so can I update tv-server to 1.3 without updating MP Client and how?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,201 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

No, it is not possible to do that in general. As I recall, there are fundamental interface incompatibilities between MP 1.2.3 and MP 1.3 alpha so it would probably fail even if you tried to force it to work.

I would suggest a better approach would be to provide your TV Server log files so we can see if the problem with your satellite tuner is an easy-fix.

mm

4. kmcc049

kmcc049 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ah thanks for that. I didn't want to bother anyone with my TV Server logs before I'll post them up when I am next tinkering with the box.

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,201 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    We're here to help, so don't hesitate on that front.

Cool - I'll keep an eye out. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. limpwhizkid
    • Team MediaPortal

limpwhizkid Retired Team Member

Payed hacker
    Ratings:
    +76 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    sorry , mean no offence, but that is what i am running, alpha 1.3 tvserver with 1.2.3 clients and works fine...
    i have no support anyway since i run tvserver on win2k8 r2 , so have nothing to lose :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!