Install tv-server 1.3 without updating MP client (1 Viewer)

kmcc049

Portal Member
October 4, 2008
Hi,

I have previously had dvb-s working fine on my machine. At some unknown point it stopped working. I largely wasn't using it for a long period and came back to it and it was having severe issues getting the graph. I think its some form of problem within MP as other software seems to be able to play the DVB-S signal. I am hoping that some of the changes in 1.3 will fix my problems. So I want to upgrade to 1.3, however I don't really want to use an alpha version of the MP client, as if anything is broken my wife has a meltdown. So my question is, is tv-server 1.3 compilable with 1.2.3 MP client? If so can I update tv-server to 1.3 without updating MP Client and how?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

No, it is not possible to do that in general. As I recall, there are fundamental interface incompatibilities between MP 1.2.3 and MP 1.3 alpha so it would probably fail even if you tried to force it to work.

I would suggest a better approach would be to provide your TV Server log files so we can see if the problem with your satellite tuner is an easy-fix.

mm

kmcc049

Portal Member
    October 4, 2008
    Ah thanks for that. I didn't want to bother anyone with my TV Server logs before I'll post them up when I am next tinkering with the box.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello

No, it is not possible to do that in general. As I recall, there are fundamental interface incompatibilities between MP 1.2.3 and MP 1.3 alpha so it would probably fail even if you tried to force it to work.

I would suggest a better approach would be to provide your TV Server log files so we can see if the problem with your satellite tuner is an easy-fix.

mm

sorry , mean no offence, but that is what i am running, alpha 1.3 tvserver with 1.2.3 clients and works fine...
    i have no support anyway since i run tvserver on win2k8 r2 , so have nothing to lose :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom