Installation error (MySQL) (1 Viewer)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    So just for fun I thought I'd completely reinstall MP - this has turned out to be a real ball ache!
    Completely removing MP (using 'Control Panel' >> 'Programs & Features', then CCleaner registry scan)
    Completely remove MySQL (I had a 5.1 version and a 5.6 version installed for some reason). Same method as above.
    Download the MP 1.12.0 Final version and run the install.
    Running either the 1 click install, or the custom install results in an SQL error:
    MySQL - Set password error:1
    Then: Failed to install application: MySQL

After this the installer just quits.
    I've tried running the install as an admin, just to see what happens - no joy.
    This is a repeatable error - it happens every time I try to reinstall...

Any help appreciated...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
    The log files you've posted are the MediaPortal log files. They seem to show MP is installed successfully. I'd be more interested in the TV Server log files, since MySQL relates to TV Server. If there's an error in the log files, I'd expect it to be there.

As it happens, I suspect this is actually a MySQL error. A quick search reveals:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/solution-to-mysql-set-password-error.92482/

Please try.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Certainly looks that way - I manually searched the HDD and found several places where the /MySQL folders remained.
    Nuked them and testing again...

#Edit#
    That seems to have sorted it!

Manually finding and deleting the /MySQL folders and a reboot...
    Wiki time...

Last edited:

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    check if you changed forum/homepage password a while ago and if so..try the old one (if you remember it). Otherwise I need to set a new pass manualy. If you prefer something...pm please ;)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    That was a complete pain! I managed to get 5.7 to install, though I don't know if there will be any problems with a later version than the deploy tool installs.
    It took about 4 tries to get the db installed, with deletions and reboots along the way.
    Now I've got about 3 days of config to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom