Installation hangs on TV-Service (1 Viewer)

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I had a perfectly stable MP V1.8 running, but wanted to tweak a few settings today. I noticed that I couldn't open TV config ("Failed to Upgrade the Database") so after trying lots of fixes for this issue, I eventually decided to do a full, clean reinstall of MP (including removing and reinstalling MySQL5.6).

Now on reinstalling MP from stratch, the installer always hangs on install TV-server. I've tried reinstalling both V1.8 and 1.7 and it's always the same issue - the installer just hangs on this step and does not move on. I've given it plenty of time (1 hour plus) to install...

I'm running windows 7. i've never had any installation issues in 3 or 4 years of consistent upgrades. Logs could follow but I am not certain which to post (and currently waiting for the 4th or 5th install to finish). The last installation attempt (running V1.7 as administrator) did produce an error message of "failed to create the database" linked to the TV-service intallation.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Fixed it eventually. I did another full reinstall, including fully removing MP and SQL5.6, but this time checked the harddrive to remove all SQL files and data. This seemed to do the trick as the reinstall was quick and painless. TV is working again and I can edit the settings.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you got the old log files so that we could try to find (and fix - if there is a code problem) what went wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom