Installation of MediaPortal and Argus TV (1 Viewer)

andcar

Portal Member
September 5, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have installed Mediacenter 1.9 and the latest Argus TV after that. I am planning to use the Argus TV functionality inside Mediaportal. I have set everything up (cards and channels and so on) in Argus TV and want to use mediaportal as the gui.

As I understand from Argus installation instructions, the cards used in Argus TV should be disabled in MediaPortal but how is the llink suppose to work then? I do not get any channels linked in the Argus TV plugin since there are no channels in mediaportal.

Should I enable a card in mediaportal and find the channels and then dissable the card again or how is it supposed to work?

Please help, I have read all the wikis I can find but not got the answer.

andcar

Portal Member
September 5, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I want to use the argus scheduler otherwise it does not really matter. I presume that means that I need the argus recorder. How do I do then?

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
It does matter!!! The Argus Scheduler can interact with the one or the other TV Backend. You asked for deactivating cards - that is only needed if both backends are active...

andcar

Portal Member
September 5, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Ok, now I have got it to work. It was the installation instructions from Argus that was confusing. It was instructions of how to set up the Argus recorder but also how to communicate with the MP backend in the same document.
Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

andcar

Portal Member
September 5, 2013
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
After some test I have decided to skip the Argus TV redorder since it doesn't work well with my TV-card.

I will then use the Argus scheduler but the MP TVserver as the recorder with the Argus TV plugin and MP as the GUI client.
I have done the following
- deactivated all cards in Argus Recorder
- set up a TV-card and channels in MP TV server and previewed several channels to prove working.
- activated Argus TV plugin and can see UNC paths and linked channels
- deactivated the Argus recorder in Argus Sheduler and created a MediaPortal Recorder instead, ping works fine

But it is not working. MP client says "not supported" on all channels I try. Argus scheduler says "no card found to record program" if I try to record from the scheduler. In Argus scheduler, when I try "test shares" it says "server failed to connect to TVE" as picture below (ping is working).

Do I have to uninstall Argus TV recorder? I have tried to stop the Argus recorder service but no difference.

Please help

upload_2014-11-20_10-4-10.png

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
No need to uninstall the Recorder. "Test shares" has a bug, doesn't work! Have you mapped the "normal" Channels to any Guide Channels in the Scheduler? Btw. what's your EPG-Source - DVB from the card or xmltv?

sand

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Check firewall on pc. Test shares and ping works fine if mp server is working .

In my case have to restart every day or two because it becomes unstable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom