Installation stuck on Win 8 x64 (1 Viewer)

akya

January 4, 2013
Home Country
India India
Tried installing latest MP 1.3 Beta ( which was released on 14. Dec 2012 ) on Win 8 x64 and the installation was unresponsive.. I do have DirectX 9 and .net framework 4 installed. Also meet the other min req. Anyone facing similar issues?

Edit: I knew the moment I am going to post this, it will work.. lol I deselected LAV filters during installation and it worked.. I will try again to find the cause..

Last edited:

notfast

Portal Member
July 8, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thank you!
I had the same problem.
Did have LAV installed before hand, deselecting LAV under install fixed my problems installing MP.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Developers - When displaying the Win8 not supported warning during MP installation should we also tell them not to install LAV at the same time, Possibly even having LAV unchecked if Win8 is detected? I don't know if this is something that should/can be added to 1.3RC or not.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Apparently it does see here:
    Lav works. Set it up with nvidia cuvid hardware decoding. U need to run the 'video player' once, play a file, it says it needs to update itself, do that update and then all is perfect inside MP.

I didn't get the media centre (it's free so I'll probably grab it before Feb 1, but it's not needed.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/windows-8-would-you-update.113524/page-6#post-958204

So not sure why more than 1 report of installation failing on win8 unless lav is disabled (I don't have Win8 so can't test)

Last edited:

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then I'm clueless as well, do we have some logs or in any way more info what is going wrong?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @SiLenTYL - when you installed LAV with Win8 did you install it using the MP installer, also did you have LAV installed prior to installing MP1.3B

There are 2+ seperate users have reported the MP 1.3B installer crashes unless they disable LAV install in Win8.

It might be it only crashes if there is an existing Win 8 LAV installation, I don't know. Need more info.[DOUBLEPOST=1358769723][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Tried installing latest MP 1.3 Beta ( which was released on 14. Dec 2012 ) on Win 8 x64 and the installation was unresponsive.. I do have DirectX 9 and .net framework 4 installed. Also meet the other min req. Anyone facing similar issues?

Edit: I knew the moment I am going to post this, it will work.. lol I deselected LAV filters during installation and it worked.. I will try again to find the cause..

@akya - Did you already have LAV installed prior to trying to install MP1.3B?

@akya - If you didn't have LAV preinstalled, have you tried to install it subsequently and did it install or did it have errors?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    I can confirm; installed full 1.3.0Beta installer (no LAV before on Win8) with LAV Checked in deploytool and all went fine.
    I will retry later with LAV installed (prior) to see if i get the crash too :)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had an absolutely fresh win8 pro installed.. No updates or LAV or ANYTHING installed. I used the exe installer, which prompted me immediately to install .net before the installer started. The warning about unsupported OS appeared. Everything installed fine, with LAV and titan extended checked.

Might want to check ur internet connection.. I've noticed win8 can be flakey in that regard when ur using internet on same router(another PC stealing ur internets), which isn't really a windows problem.

This was advanced install(not 1-click), and 'client only'.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom