Installed aMPdroid on LG E510 (1 Viewer)

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi,
    After I installed the aMPdroid on my new LG E510, I was always getting error regarding android.process.lghome, had to force termination. After some time I could uninstall the aMPdroid and the error message stopped. I tried twice to install the software, but got this error on both occasions. The version of Android is 2.3.6 (Gingerbread).
    Do you have any idea what is going on? I was looking forward trying this plugin.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    No one? Can't imagine that I'm the only one who have run into this problem.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    - Which version (1.0 or 0.8)
    - Post log files

Then we can try to figure out the problem and help you...

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    It's 0.8 version, the error is on the phone, not in MP. I was getting this error after downloading the app to the phone. The program Home(ferli android.proces.lghome) has stopped. Try agian. Force termination. And there I'm stuck.

Edit: When I open MP configuration, I get this error message now (see picture). I installed and uninstalled the aMPdroid 0.8 from my HTPC. Also is logs from MP after I reinstalled aMPdroid.

When I open the app on the phone, it shows the aMPdroid screen but I can't choose the HTPC, the dropdown window is empty on my phone.

Hope this can help you. :D

Attachments

• ampdroid.png
      ampdroid.png
      7.4 KB

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's 0.8 version, the error is on the phone, not in MP. I was getting this error after downloading the app to the phone. The program Home(ferli android.proces.lghome) has stopped. Try agian. Force termination. And there I'm stuck.

Have you tried it with 1.0? I'm no longer working on 0.8 so I won't fix anything there.

And like I said before, please post logs (from your device).

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I will try 1.0 and let you know.

Where can I find logs on my phone? No idea were I can find it.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had the same problem as you with ampdroid v1.0.

The first time I installed ampdroid v1.0, my phone went into a continuous reboot cycle. I finally managed to get it to boot up properly and had just enough time to uninstall the app before a flood of error messages came out in regards to services stopping.

Having reinstalled the app, I didn't experience any reboot cycles, but a flood of termination error messages. Everything from the phone software to various other apps that run in the background, stopped working.

I have a custom ROM on a HD2, so I fixed this by going into magldr's AD Recovery and clearing both cache's and fixing permissions. No problems since.

I didn't experience any problems with v0.8 though.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Got it running on the phone, but still getting error when I try to open the config for WiFi-remote in MP configuration. I've uninstalled, installed, reinstalled the WiFi remote, but I allways get the error. The picture and logs are in the earlier post. Did install the WiFi remote on another computer, and it works, I get the configure screen, but not on my HTPC. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I had the same problem as you with ampdroid v1.0.

The first time I installed ampdroid v1.0, my phone went into a continuous reboot cycle. I finally managed to get it to boot up properly and had just enough time to uninstall the app before a flood of error messages came out in regards to services stopping.

Having reinstalled the app, I didn't experience any reboot cycles, but a flood of termination error messages. Everything from the phone software to various other apps that run in the background, stopped working.

I have a custom ROM on a HD2, so I fixed this by going into magldr's AD Recovery and clearing both cache's and fixing permissions. No problems since.

I didn't experience any problems with v0.8 though.

I need logs from your phone to have any chance of ever fixing it!!! -> How to report a Bug - MediaPortal Wiki

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Got it running, so I'm testing, looking promising, thank you for your effort in making this plugin. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom