Codecs Installed latest LAV and lost SD audio?! (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As per topic.. installed latest LAV and lost SD audio. DTS / DD works fine.. also lost all sounds in MePo menus, but I do have sounds in normal windows desktop.

Anyone offer any things to try? I've been messing with settings but can't get anything to work. Even tried setting the codec to MPC and DTV and oddly no sound still in MePo or SD. Wondering if I've touched something else?

Thanks

AlexanderIanHall

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2011
    Did you have LAV previously (e.g. 0.50.5) and you have updated to 0.51.1 and lost sound? Or is it that you didn't have LAV installed before and on installing you've lost SD audio?

Alex

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I had LAVs already installed. MePo was also already using them for every codec selection it was an option for.

Incidently, I use onboard SPDIF for audio. HDMI for video.

I hate Codecs!

EDIT: I still havent got the audio working but if I play the same SD movie file in Windows Media Player I get audio fine so I think its safe to assume something with LAV or MePo.

EDIT2: Added some pictures of the config screens..

Attachments

• lav1.png
      lav1.png
      89.6 KB
    • lav2.png
      lav2.png
      76.4 KB
    • lav3.png
      lav3.png
      85.3 KB
    • lav4.png
      lav4.png
      111.1 KB
    Last edited:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the latest version of LAV is a bit buggy with MP, go here and get 0..50.5

http://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/downloads/list

ALSO : go into MP config and to the codecs settings. You see the tool icon next to LAV, you can configure the audio codec. Make sure u have AC3 ticked and whatever else ur amp supports.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    No I don't see a tool icon? Is that something just added into MP 1.3? Theres a screen grab of my config in previous post.

Ahh, I'll try the earlier LAVs then shortly, its just I updated to these ones and finally looked like my AV sync issues had gone on HD TV streams!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Oops.. Installed 50.5 and had same problem, so I started pressing keys on the keyboard to see if I had caught something.. seems I'd pressed M at some point and muted audio :oops: All sorted now. Just seemed odd because it didn't mute DTS or DD!

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Volume control doesn't apply to bitstream formats like Dolby Digital or DTS if they are set to passthrough, thats why the weren't muted by MediaPortal's 'M' ;) (they can be muted by OS mute though)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Oops.. Installed 50.5 and had same problem, so I started pressing keys on the keyboard to see if I had caught something.. seems I'd pressed M at some point and muted audio :oops: All sorted now. Just seemed odd because it didn't mute DTS or DD!

ah that happens all the time for me

the reason dts or dd dont mute is because they *passthru* and their volume isnt actually controlled by windows, their volume is controlled by the amp directly, whereas 2 channel is controlled by windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom