Installer gets stuck (1 Viewer)

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
June 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1. English (United States)
2. Start with the installation now
3. Yes - I will use MediaPortal to watch TV.
4. Perform an advanced installation
5. MediaPortal client
6. C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal with Configure Windows Firewall checked
7. Titan
8. LAV Filters checked
9. It locks up trying to download ApplicationLocations.xml:
applicationlocations.png

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
June 5, 2015
Home Country
Where is it trying to download to? Internet access isn't the problem but...I'll try administrator...

Edit: No dice.

Edit: 1.11 is doing the same thing. 8|

Edit: Here's what I did prior to this:
1. Uninstalled 1.11 using the top (recommended) option.
2. Installed 1.12 pre release.
3. Noticed that in 1.12 pre release, the TV/Radio options in the configurator were completely gone.
4. Uninstalled 1.12 pre release using the bottom (complete uninstall) option.
5. Now 1.11 and 1.12 installers both lock up when that dialog shows with Windows prompting to terminate it.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Noticed that in 1.12 pre release, the TV/Radio options in the configurator were completely gone.
    The options haven't been removed, so I suspect you selected options that resulted in the TV/radio plugin not being installed.

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Noticed that in 1.12 pre release, the TV/Radio options in the configurator were completely gone.
    The options haven't been removed, so I suspect you selected options that resulted in the TV/radio plugin not being installed.
    Which options specifically are those? The list of all the options I clicked on is listed in the OP. Edit: TV/Radio is showing up now. I presume clean install fixed that issue.

I think this problem is fixed by doing ipconfg /flushdns, how bizarre. :confused: Edit: Maybe the timing of doing that was just a coincidence because I could browse to that URL no problem.

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Correct. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe"

As per my Edit above, clean install of 1.12.0 pre-release appears to have fixed it. I'm not entirely sure why it vanished doing a partial uninstall of 1.11.0.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The sections won't be shown if the TVPlugin.dll does not exist... which can happen if you somehow managed to get rid of that file as part of the uninstall process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom