Installing Hauppauge Nova-S (1 Viewer)

PKMax

November 10, 2005
Hi pips.

Just got myself a nice Nova-s so I can really get into the groove of media portal, but having sooo much trouble.. i've tried everything I can think of (which obviously isn't enough, considering I know next to nothing about these things)

ok, if in install the basic Nova-s stuff, the shoddy program that's shipped with it all works fine and dandy, can see my sat pics, it's all fine.

however, with the standard drivers obviously nothing else in the world will talk to the card.. so, we move onto the BDA drivers..

ok, i've installed several different version, getting a little confused over the whole thing really. media portal appears to say it's found the card, but scanning on all transponders comes pu with nada channels
(also, media portal is the only proggy that has actually got this far, all other proggies say Huh, what card..)
although, i did notice that there are a lot more options in the transponder list on some packages, so I maybe just not have the right ones for the UK?

i've tried tons of other packages too, and they all claim that the card isn't installed *Sulk*
Head is hurting way too much now..

does anyone have a simple checklist for this card, a step by step idiots *Points at self* guide to installing the nova-s and your path to happyness when you finally get to see the splendour of TV in media portal..

would love some help here, my wall is getting a large head shaped hole appearing..

Cheers guys and gals.

PK

PKMax

November 10, 2005
*Ahem*

apologies.. *puts on big coned hat with 'D' on it*

I had tried those drivers before, it installed a Capture card, then asked for device drivers for "Unknown", so i ummed and aahhed a while, and clicked cancel.. little did I know that this "Unknown" was the Tuner.. doh..
after re-installing the drivers properly this time, and selected the driver location for the "Unknown" device, it all works fine and dandy :D

still tuning in channels at the moment, and need to match up the EPG and stuff, but feeling a lot happier now :D

don't suppose i've missed some obvious in setting up the Hauppauge remote that ships with the card too have I? would be cool to get that one working too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom