installing multiple tuner cards (1 Viewer)

warney23

Portal Member
May 31, 2006
Hi everyone, i have recently paid out for a second fusion hdtv dvb-t plus tuner card (both identical)so i can record one channel while watching another.
As i am new to this media centre pc thing i'm not sure how to set this up too work properly.
I have installed drivers, added both tuner cards to the media portal setup capture cards.
My questions are this, do i have to plug a second aerial in the new tuner or can they be linked together somehow?
I have tried to use two aerial cables but when i try to record one channel & change channels, i get a "tuner cards are busy message"
So i'm not sure if i have just hooked it up right or have to change a setting??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    warney23 said:
    My questions are this, do i have to plug a second aerial in the new tuner or can they be linked together somehow?
    If the cards have two co-axial connectors on them, the second connector is the "aerial pass-through" and can be used to connect to the second card's "aerial in".

If the cards only have a single co-axial connector, then you would need to use a "2-way splitter" on the end of your aerial lead, with a lead then to each of the aerial inputs on the DVB-T cards.

Also, make sure that you have assigned the channels to both cards, and that you have applied the "Dual DVB-T patches" to Windows XP (do a search for the info in these forums).

HTH.....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom