Installing Plugins (1 Viewer)

Murray

August 13, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have just installed MP2 ver.2.2.3 (never used MP1). Many of the tutorials for Plugins have .exe files (are they for MP1 ? - lots of the Help info is very old e.g. 2010) but all I seem to find are .mpe1 files. I can find no instructions in the wiki or elsewhere on (a) where to save these during the download, nor (b) how to install them. Anyone know any links to up-to-date instructions on this for MP2 . Also the wiki, which I use a lot, has a navigation structure that doesn't always match the TV Server Configuration tool. Am I using the wrong version of wiki?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Many of the tutorials for Plugins have .exe files (are they for MP1 ? - lots of the Help info is very old e.g. 2010) but all I seem to find are .mpe1 files.
    I use MP1 and have never used MP2, but as I understand it MP2 has very few plugins -- most of the plugins that you will find on this site are for MP1 and will not work with MP2.

The only plugins that might work with MP2 are the TV Server plugins. TV Server is common to both MP1 and MP2. However, TV Server for MP2 is packaged differently from TV Server for MP1, and this difference may prevent some TV Server plugins working. You will need to experiment with the plugins that you were hoping to use.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As mentioned by @CyberSimian MP2 has very few plugins the important ones e.g. Online Videos are included in the MP2 install. See the attached screenshot for all currently available MP2 plugins but make sure they are supported on which ever version you have. As far as I am aware unlike MP1 plugins which have an installer, MP2 plugins have to be manually copied and pasted to the appropriate MP2 folders.

mp2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom