Installing without changing MPC-HC settings

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by Morgenstern72, April 22, 2014.

1. Morgenstern72

Morgenstern72 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Since Mediaportal can import from PVD and seems to be one of the best media centers I would like to try it. My fear is, that Mediaportal will install some codecs or software that messes up my setting of MPC-HC. Is there a way to ensure that only the main app is installed but no codecs, player or whatsoever?

I am absolutely new to Media Centers. At the moment I use PVD as database and MPC-HC as player on my projector. I had to invest some time to get smooth playback in all resolutions and FPS modes, really good audio delivered to my 5.1 system and nicely readable subtitles, but now it's stable since long time. Although I need MPC-HC to set resolution/Hz for the projector according to the movie source. I do not want to watch 24fps movies in 60Hz.

I am really looking now into a media center for playing offline movies (mostly mkv) and offline TV Shows. I want a nice experience zapping through my movies, categorize and search for them. No need for online stuff, pictures, music or other things.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edalex
    • Premium Supporter

Edalex Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,223 / 9
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    Hi, Mediaportal can only install LAV codecs so you can just uncheck it during install.
    Generally Mediaportal can use your codecs i.e. from MPC-HC if they properly registered in system. I'm using MPC-BE video decoder myself which i got from standalone filters pack.

4. Lehmden
    • Premium Supporter

Lehmden Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +3,618 / 28
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi.
    MediaPortal can do this automatically, no matter which codecs you are using...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!