Installing without changing MPC-HC settings (1 Viewer)

Morgenstern72

April 22, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
Since Mediaportal can import from PVD and seems to be one of the best media centers I would like to try it. My fear is, that Mediaportal will install some codecs or software that messes up my setting of MPC-HC. Is there a way to ensure that only the main app is installed but no codecs, player or whatsoever?

I am absolutely new to Media Centers. At the moment I use PVD as database and MPC-HC as player on my projector. I had to invest some time to get smooth playback in all resolutions and FPS modes, really good audio delivered to my 5.1 system and nicely readable subtitles, but now it's stable since long time. Although I need MPC-HC to set resolution/Hz for the projector according to the movie source. I do not want to watch 24fps movies in 60Hz.

I am really looking now into a media center for playing offline movies (mostly mkv) and offline TV Shows. I want a nice experience zapping through my movies, categorize and search for them. No need for online stuff, pictures, music or other things.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi, Mediaportal can only install LAV codecs so you can just uncheck it during install.
    Generally Mediaportal can use your codecs i.e. from MPC-HC if they properly registered in system. I'm using MPC-BE video decoder myself which i got from standalone filters pack.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Although I need MPC-HC to set resolution/Hz for the projector according to the movie source. I do not want to watch 24fps movies in 60Hz.
    MediaPortal can do this automatically, no matter which codecs you are using...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom