Integrated Video Cutting (1 Viewer)

M

Megaframe

Well, I would like to see a feature which would enable recorded tv shows to have the commercials cut out, something simple where it would allow us on a simple time line to specify where to make cuts and then save the video in a standard mpeg2 format or even some kind of media portal proprietary format, then burn to dvd. Would be nice rather than burning recorded broadcasts with commercials to dvd to have permanently :).

O

opluoto

As a user of dvb card I'm waiting a day I could watch, edit, demux and author with same program. Now I have to do everything with separate tools. Media Portal is only for viewing. I can't use it even for recording (it would nice if you could record dvb stream as it is straight to disk).
If I want to record something I have to change back to original drivers of dvb card (instead of bda-drivers) and use original DigitalTv software or ProgDVB for recording. Then Womble MPEG Video for editing comercials and converting TS Stream to program stream. Then I use ProjectX.jar for demuxing streams (I could use this for editing and converting too, but editing tool is not so good). Then dvdauthor with dvdauthorgui for authoring. Then Nero for burning. Huh!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't use it even for recording (it would nice if you could record dvb stream as it is straight to disk).
    Well, that's what I do with my SkyStar2 !?
    The resulting M$-DVB is transformed to mpeg by MyBurner-Plugin.

Then it would be nice to set a start and end mark for commercials

To save time/the filesystem from fragmenting it would be nice if this part would only be 'ignored' on viewing and when burning to dvd.

O

opluoto

The resulting M$-DVB is transformed to mpeg by MyBurner-Plugin.
    But is the recorded M$-DVB same which came from sky? No transformation before saving to disk? Is the wss bit saved (movie 16:9, commercial 4:3)?
    Actually I tried recording with MP 0.1.1.0.9 and everything seemed to work fine but result was 0 size files.

SilverApe

April 11, 2005
    the cutting would be realy nice.
    Now I don't burn that often because of the comercials, it would be great if we could cut them out in MP.

greetigs
    Aaron

jondmac

Portal Member
    April 21, 2005
    I think the coolest feature to solve all these problems would be a plugin that while MP was recording could reconize if there was a logo present in the tv picture stream, and automaticly paused the recording when the logo disapeared. That way we would only have the show, and NO commercials.

ps. most tv channels dont have their logo displayed when showing commercials!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    that's what comskip is doing. With MP recording in the new format in the future, it may be done as a plugin.

BTW, someone is already working on a plugin allowing to cut files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom