Integration of MPC-HC subtitle's engine (1 Viewer)

Zinu

Portal Pro
February 28, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is there a possibilty to update the binaries for WindowPlugins.dll on the new version with fixed weather API flags? Update dll file can be found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/error-weather-67438/index2.html#post483178. Currently I have to choose between weather showing and not having MPC-HC subtitle engine or the other way around and I'd like to have both :p

If anybody would be so kind to update this with the new dll I would greatly appreciate it!!!

So... nobody? The dev has been online since I sent my PM, but no sign here... I know this is all free and I respect that, but not responding at all is pretty harsh...

cpp2005

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2006
    Is there a possibilty to update the binaries for WindowPlugins.dll on the new version with fixed weather API flags? Update dll file can be found here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/error-weather-67438/index2.html#post483178. Currently I have to choose between weather showing and not having MPC-HC subtitle engine or the other way around and I'd like to have both :p

If anybody would be so kind to update this with the new dll I would greatly appreciate it!!!

So... nobody? The dev has been online since I sent my PM, but no sign here... I know this is all free and I respect that, but not responding at all is pretty harsh...

If you are talking about me, then I can't help you. MPC-HC is already part of mediaportal sources, so no more binaries of it will be released. And in any case weather API is not something I'm familiar with.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Something is wrong with my config!

Hi community!

Playback of HD doesn't work! After installing the "MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2" , i get the following error message:
    attachment.php

Can you please help?

Best regards

Helios

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi community!

Playback of HD doesn't work! After installing the "MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2" , i get the following error message:

Can you please help?

Best regards

Helios

Like the message says: You're missing a codec, but this hasn't got much to do with MPC-HC Subtitle Engine.
    I've read that someone else had issue also, and he/she updated to the new AC3Filter 1.62b, you could try that also.
    If that doesn't help, check which codecs are being used with GraphEdit (or GraphStudio).

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi HomeY!

Thanks for your reply! but without the patch all is working fine! The new AC3Filter is already installed, and for HD i use CoreAVC!

Best regards

Helios

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi HomeY!

Thanks for your reply! but without the patch all is working fine! The new AC3Filter is already installed, and for HD i use CoreAVC!

Best regards

Helios

I think it's codec related, check it with GraphEdit. I had it before (issue was that my x264 file didn't support DXVA and my MPC Video Decoder only had DXVA enabled, so the file couldn't play).

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have a feeling the following proposal has already been made.

It would be nice to be able to define some common path (c:\mysubs) where subtitles would be found in case the current media file directory is empty.

Use case example;

You borrow some readonly media like a CD/DVD without any subs.
    As it is now you have to copy the files to the HD first, then place the subs in their respective folders.

/gibman

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MPC-HC with DirectVobSub working with mix internal and external subs

Perhaps this can be of interest to somebody.

I stumbled on a bug (can somebody confirm this?) and looked for a solution and found one that solved the internal/external subs issues.

I managed to setup MP v1.02 in such a way with MPC-HC and DirectVobSub that it currently plays anything with internal and external (or both) subtitles with CUDA ('Compute Unified Device Architecture', improved architecture and better than DXVA) enabled (of course CUDA only if the movie format allows hardware acceleration).

[Alleged BUG] In the MP Video configuration I finally needed to choose DirectVobSub over MPC-HC because MPC-HC has subtitle synchronisation issues with 1080p MKV's.
    I tested it for 5 hours with different MKV's in different setup's (internal/external/mix subs, vobsub enabled/disabled (which shouldn't matter), etc...) but each time the subtitles were displayed 1-3 seconds too early (in case of internal subs) or too late (external subs in combination with a MKV with and without internal subs).
    And if you changed the subtitle language during play-time the delay would change randomly.[/BUG]

Note that this only happened with MKV's which were converted from bluray and were 1080p. All other MKV's worked fine.

Then I discovered that the MPC files that I put over the 1.0.2 had another great effect:

Now the original DirectVobSub also worked with internal subtitles in a MKV container out-of-the-box and on top of this it also worked for >720p MKV's and with any mix of internal/external subs.

You can even change the language without any effect on the subtitle synchronisation. It stays fully in sync.
    And icing on the cake is the CUDA architecture which now enables you to run your video in HW acceleration even when using DirectVobSub.​

In my current setup in MP (via 'L') I now get the full list of all subs available: internal (if MKV) + external which is what MPC-HC promised.

I tested this configuration out with different video formats (WMV, MPEG, AVI, DivX, XviD, MKV (internal, external, mix internal+external) and they all worked like a charm. And due to the specific setup of DirectVobSub the quality of the subtitles is perfect in any video resolution.

=~=~=
    SETUP
    =~=~=

Software:
    MediaPortal 1.0.2;
    MPC subs engine - Binaries for MP 1.0.2;
    MP-TVSeries v2.3.3491 (MediaPortal 1.0.2/1.1.0 Compatible);
    DirectVobSub 2.39;
    Haali Media Splitter (20090111);
    CoreAVC v1.9.5 (CUDA enabled);
    Nvidia 8500GT & Nvidia Display Drivers v190.38 (latest WHQL);
    FFDShow Beta 6 rev3040 (20090724) -> actually not necessary for subtitles;
    Xvid v1.1.3;
    XP SP3 (latest update 20090723)
    And no (polluting) codec pack(s) installed.

Configuration:

• MPC-HC installed over MP 1.0.2
    • In MP Configuration:
      • In Videos "DirectVobSub" chosen as subtitle engine with autoload ON
      • Via advanced in DirectVobSub properties:
        • PAR compensation: Accurate Size
        • Vertical padding: extend to 16:9 (gives you the PowerDVD 'read-it-clearly' feature)
        • Double if smaller than 720x576 (produces great subtitles on lower resolution, cost is a small CPU increase)
        • Always load
      • Personal setting: Shadow Depth of 1
      • And finally the default language + subtitle you wish
      • For the codec settings I chose CoreAVC as H.264 video decoder. The MPEG-2 doesn't matter for subtitling since this is DVD and handled automatically due to the format .
      • And no video post-processing anymore (previously you needed to add DirectVobSub Autoload here)
    • In the Haali Media Splitter
      • NO autoload VSFilter -> not necessary anymore
      • Audio & Subtitle languages of my preference
    • CoreAVC with CUDA enabled
      • If the CoreAVC tray icon turns green, you know it works
    • FFDShow
      • disabled the H.264/AVC decoder as CoreAVC will handle this
      • changed xvid decoder to xvid
      • rest of the formats is handled by default
      • Subtitles disabled
    • Video Rendering Setting: VMR9 (all settings flagged on)

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    Some note on DXVA and CUDA
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

With the DXVA API (Microsoft’s DirectX Video Acceleration), you will be able to play high definition H.264 videos with negligible CPU utilization.
    But there are limitations with the DXVA method, and they are (amongst others):
    • Only certain renderers can be used depending on operating system (overlay mixer and VMR9 for Windows XP, Enhanced Video Renderer for Windows Vista/7).
    • Cannot decode videos that were encoded with numbers of reference frames that exceed certain levels (11 in nVidia GPUs, figures lower than that for ATI GPUs).
    • Cannot have any intermediate filters (such as ffdshow Video Decoder or DirectVobSub) between the video decoder and the video renderer.
    Now, with CUDA (Compute Unified Device Architecture) support, you can eliminate the first and the third limitations, while increasing the threshold in the reference frame limit.​

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sounds really nice, too bad I'm stuck with ATi crapware :(

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At first I 'd like to say thanks for this solution :D
    It has made it possible for me to have subs while watching a movie with the PowerDVD 9-codec.

But I still have a question cause I think hardware acceleration is still not working. When viewing a movie-file I get the following warning in the Windows eventviewer:

OUTOFMEMORY. HW video acceleration creation failed

It is a ati2mtag-warning that comes right after the standard ati2mtag-message that says "UVD information"

I checked my CPU-load during playback and that is about 25%. The movie in this case was a 720p mkv-file. Am I wrong if I think this should be lower when the acceleration is working? I compared it with the load when playing a regular mpeg2-file, which is 8%.

Could anybody tell my in which direction I should look for the solution? I attached a Graphedit-jpeg.

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface 1.8/Mediastream
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 4050e 2.1 GHz
    HDD: WDC WD2500AAJS 250GB
    Memory: 2x Corsair DDR2 2048MB PC-667/PC-5300
    Motherboard: Asus M3A78-HEMH HDMI
    Video Card: onboard
    Video Card Driver: ATI Catalyst 8.11
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD7
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow rev 1972