Intel motherboard with gfx? (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi! Now when everyone recommends Intel (E6300) I wonder if you can give me a hint of a good motherboard with built-in graphics?
I will get an external when I move to HD.

Previously, when AMD was the deal, some recommended Asus M2NPV-MX, so something similar?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I won't buy ASUS for many reasons - one of them is they're often assembling ADI soundchips which show many issues in the past.

Current Intel 965 boards are only available with GMA 3000er or X3000er gfx onboard - which will not get DX10 support for political reasons (The hardware could do that already). If you still want to support this strategy of intel I'd at least recommend to wait for Bearlake-G chipset boards which will offer more than enough onboard gfx power for HDTV.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanx rtv.
    I will buy new stuff (HTPC and projector) around my birthday 29th of February (this year it's really short) so I guess I can wait some.
    Yesternight I compiled this spec list:
    Socket-775
    G965 chipset
    DVI/HDMI
    SPDIF TOS
    ATX or mATX
    Preferrably below €150
    Bonus: s-video output (perhaps I can do a vga-scart rgb converter instead?) So I can connect to both crt tv and projector.

/Niclas

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not need to buy until february if they didn't hit the market until then but my desired feature list is almost identical to yours therefore I am watching the market ;)

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you heard any news?
    I am done with a huge project now, so I'm at home and my fingers are itching.
    Gonna look at projectors tomorrow. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom