Intel sandybridge issue (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
So ive heard that there is a problem with silicon degradation in the new generation of i-processors with their chipset on certain boards which causes the sata drives to mess up. Does anyone know if this affects the i3's or is it just the i5 and i7 processors that are affected?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you look at motherboards with B3 revision specs, This is the change you have heard about regarding Sandybridge motherboards and sata problems being fixed.

All mobo's in other thread are the fixed B3 revisions :D

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks, yeah id since read about the B3 revision, and i see from your other post in another thread that the Asus Pro mobo is the way to go? The MSI board is around a tenner cheaper, is there any reason to choose Asus over MSI for the 1155 boards?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have no preference either way, my only criticism of Asus was there noisy fans on both motherboards and graphics cards (still is on later), but as mobo's just have heatsinks nowadays thats no longer relevant.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I have no preference either way, my only criticism of Asus was there noisy fans on both motherboards and graphics cards (still is on later), but as mobo's just have heatsinks nowadays thats no longer relevant.

You make a good point, though i have a scythe mini passive ninja heatsink for my CPU, but im not really sure that the universal adapters to bolt it to the board will work with the new 1155 socket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom