Intermittent crash when shutting down MP and HTPC from MP (1 Viewer)

fatdada

Portal Member
November 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guys - have had a long problem free run with MP 1.2.3 - its part of the family now and is the core o our home entertainment. Recently installed avalon skin which is great - have had a few problems since though when shutting down MP AND htpc FROM mp - Windows error report pops up stopping shut down and wanting to report crash. Turned on MP watchdog and report generated attached.

Alsso had a few problems with Audio sync and some lockups - not sure if these are related.

As I said I have had a trouble free productive system for yonks now so thank you Guys for your efforts in making MP so user friendly and stable.

If anyone could help with these recent issues I would be grateful.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I remember that the home content was not always up to date. One situation I think can cause this is during import as the list only update after the import is completed. Maybe we could have the force behavior during import only and after it completes the home content should always be up to date?
I remember that the home content was not always up to date. One situation I think can cause this is during import as the list only...
Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
Replies
Views
Yes I can stop windows updates - but that has yet to give problems - I have disabled automatic lenovo updates for now and will have no problems with it ;-) Its and old Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop using the On borad intel 4600 graphic card så all is good for know :-) thanks again for all your help :-)
Yes I can stop windows updates - but that has yet to give problems - I have disabled automatic lenovo updates for now and will have...
I have been using MP 1 for years with no troubles. but in the last couple of days it sudden just crashes when starting live tv...
Replies
Views
Good catch. (y) When the OS encounters a bad disk block during a read or a write, it repeats the operation many many times to see if the operation will succeed. I recollect seeing the value of 100 times (but that may not be accurate). The OS does this for each block. If there are many defective blocks, the system slows down due to...
Good catch. (y) When the OS encounters a bad disk block during a read or a write, it repeats the operation many many times to see...
Hello folks, I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, and have had some problems with MediaPortal, the main problem was my TVServer...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Crashing on startup DE
Well, sods law. I now have been unable to get it to crash, using either the watchdog or normally so I'll put this on ice for now, and will post back once I get it to crash. Thanks for the efforts, and sorry for being snippy previously (It'd been a really, REALLY bad day...) One thing I have now noticed though, is an apparent drop in...
Well, sods law. I now have been unable to get it to crash, using either the watchdog or normally so I'll put this on ice for now...
Hi all, Having an odd issue with MP 1.19, which I have used for many years without fault. Recently, my SSD died for my OS, so a...
Replies
Views
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close down MediaPortal - I used to use the Exit MediaPortal with options - and now use the power button on my remote to put the computer to sleep and then turn off the power to the computer. It's a bit clunky, bit...
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close...
I like my HTPC to shut down when I hit the power button on my remote control. The problem is that an MCE remote actually sends the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom