Intermittent "No Signal" "Cannot Start Timeshifting" errors... (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey there.

I am running 2 x DVBSky S952 cards (total 4 tuners) in my system along with Media Portal. (Logs attached). Came home on 16/11 in the evening and tried changing channels a few times and got an error "no signal" but it was working fine on the channel it was tuned into. If I go into manual control I get the same error messages, I perhaps may get one tuner that works ok but the others will not work. When this happens the one tuner that works may not be the same one each time so it really is confusing as to what the problem is.

Stopping and starting the tv service fixes the problem straight away for a short time. I am getting no discontinuities when it is working that would show that I am having signal problems and up to the other night it has been running very well. Signal has been checked and is perfect no issues whatsoever there and all cables are done up tight so this seems to be a problem with the tv service because as soon as it is stopped and restarted it works fine for a short time before the same issue happens again.

Hopefully someone will be able to work out the issue from the attached logs for me. The issues are driving me crazy. I have gone from having blackgold cards on freeview due the quality of the cards being so poor and them running so hot to freesat which has been trouble free until now.

Thank you.
Richard.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

it looks like your database is broken.
    You have to get mysql workbench from here:
    http://www.mysql.de/products/workbench/
    And than follow these steps:
    1. stop MP and TvService
    2. start Mysql Workbench
    3. Select your server from the list in "Open Connection to start Querying"
    3. the Password should be MediaPortal if you haven't changed it.
    4. double click on mptvdb (it is bold now)
    5. copy this sql statement in the window "Query 1"
    repair table canceledschedule;
    repair table card;
    repair table cardgroup;
    repair table cardgroupmap;
    repair table channel;
    repair table channelgroup;
    repair table channellinkagemap;
    repair table channelmap;
    repair table conflict;
    repair table diseqcmotor;
    repair table favorite;
    repair table groupmap;
    repair table history;
    repair table keyword;
    repair table keywordmap;
    repair table pendingdeletion;
    repair table personaltvguidemap;
    repair table program;
    repair table radiochannelgroup;
    repair table radiogroupmap;
    repair table recording;
    repair table satellite;
    repair table schedule;
    repair table server;
    repair table setting;
    repair table softwareencoder;
    repair table timespan;
    repair table tuningdetail;
    repair table tvmoviemapping;
    repair table version;
    6. Press the fifth button from the left (it is a small lightning) and the text says if you hover it : "Execute SQL Script in Connected Server"
    7. close mysql workbench
    8. start the TvService again and everything should work again :)

Hope this helps ;)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thank you for that...

I followed this wiki last night to "repair" the database... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

1. Open a command line by clicking start, type "cmd", hit return/enter.
    2. Type (or Copy/Paste) cd C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin (this should be the path to the bin subdirectory within your MySQL install folder) and hit return/enter.
    3. Type (or Copy/Paste) mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p ,and hit return/enter.
    4. A password prompt should appear. The default password is MediaPortal (case sensitive).

However it had no effect... is the steps you have given different or for a different database?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However it had no effect... is the steps you have given different or for a different database?
    No, this is just the way I fix my database if something happens.
    And I can see a lot of sql errors in your logs, so that is the reason why I suggested this steps.
    At least it is worth a try :) And don't forget to stop the tv service first!

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok I will get my brother to have a look at it as he's my IT tech lol. I will get him to make sure its all up to date etc.

Could you see anything else from the logs that might be an issue?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    have you tried to disable Windows defender?
    or who else can use that graph files generated by MP
    [2013-11-18 01:34:04,198] [Log ] [7 ] [ERROR] -
    Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Graph building failed ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80030020): A share violation has occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030020 (STG_E_SHAREVIOLATION))
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.FilterGraphTools.SaveGraphFile(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String fileName)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.BuildGraph()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.BeforeTune(Int32& subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    have you tried to disable Windows defender?
    or who else can use that graph files generated by MP
    [2013-11-18 01:34:04,198] [Log ] [7 ] [ERROR] -
    Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionGraphBuildingFailed: Graph building failed ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80030020): A share violation has occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80030020 (STG_E_SHAREVIOLATION))
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.FilterGraphTools.SaveGraphFile(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String fileName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.BeforeTune(Int32& subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(IUser& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

I havent no, what is this indicating as it doesn't mean much to me?

Its not been an issue before from what I remember the issues were on Saturday evening about 2200 onwards... then yesterday throughout the evening etc. I repaired the database as per my above post at approx 01:00 so wonder if thats afterwards?

My brother has just informed me that he has checked windows defender and it has a load of exceptions and also he has checked the database and there are no errors?

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Its just done it again now at 1928 (18/11) Coronation Street should have started at 1928 yet it hadn't done. The channel that was currently on BBC1 HD froze and then I went to change channel and it said "no signal" I went into manual control and one of the tuners was highlighted in red and all other tuners were in idle, when I try to start time shifting on this one it said "tune cancelled" and still says this now on that tuner. At 1930 Coronation Street started recording and all the 3 other tuners will time shift OK. I know starting and stopping the TV service will resolve it temporarily.

Attached are the latest logs which should highlight the issue at 1928...

Please help going out of my mind with this.

Thank you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Its just done it again now at 1928 (18/11) Coronation Street should have started at 1928 yet it hadn't done.
    TV Server tried with all three tuners, but wasn't able to lock on signal.

The channel that was currently on BBC1 HD froze and then I went to change channel and it said "no signal" I went into manual control and one of the tuners was highlighted in red and all other tuners were in idle, when I try to start time shifting on this one it said "tune cancelled" and still says this now on that tuner. At 1930 Coronation Street started recording and all the 3 other tuners will time shift OK. I know starting and stopping the TV service will resolve it temporarily.
    Your logs are bizarre. Are you running a standard version of TV Server (because it sure doesn't look like it)?
    I suspect you're running DJBlu's version. If so, please get support from him. These are exactly the sorts of errors that could be caused by his modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom