"Invalid package" when uninstall/reinstall (1 Viewer)

trepamuros

Portal Pro
December 2, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello,
I'm getting an "Invalid package" error when trying to uninstall/reinstall OnlineVideos (v0.61).

I have MP 1.02 (upgraded from 1.01). No previous versions of OnlineVideos installed (in fact I installed 0.61 by mistake, didn't check for newer versions).

I want to upgrade to v0.85, but instructions say I should uninstall previous versions first, which I can't do.

So, as I can't uninstall v0.61 via MPI uninstaller...

- how can I delete v0.61 manually?
- is safe to install v0.85 with uninstalling v0.61 first? I read somewhat bug of empty sites list if I do it.

Thanks in advance.

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I get also the same error triyng to uninstall the 0.8.3 version.

Also, when i watch a youtube video (internal player with flv splitter from mpc installed), the video downloads first, and next is played.

I don't now if this is normal (by design) or the video can be reproduced streamed.

Anyone can stream video from youtube?

p0wah

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
same problem here

While trying to uninstall / reinstall a mpi package i get the "Invalid Package!" Info.

While trying to install any mpi which is already installed i get the "no access" error.

What shall i do to update my plugins ?

p.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    13.3 KB
  • invalidpackage.PNG
    invalidpackage.PNG
    1.3 KB

p0wah

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
got the solution: the assignment to MPInstaller.exe is missing.

just right click onto the downloaded mpi and say install with... and search fpr MPInstaller.exe. thats it.

The Devs already know.

p.

pantav

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Spain Spain
I can uninstall it with:

Start Menu\Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal Extension Installer

After this it install without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom