"Invalid thumb" (1 Viewer)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,

I keep getting "invalid thumb" notifications in my MP-Errorlog (attached). THis is happening from at least 1.7 (running 1.8pre right now), maybe earlier.
    The thumbs marked as invalid are phsically there, accessible and intact (not zero byte files as in this older post by @jameson_uk https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/invalid-thumbs-on-h264-material.77344/ )

Fanart Handler is the only one working right now, recompiled version by @Sebastiii

In a previous installation also weather icons from StreamedMP were marked as being invalid, this is not occuring at the moment.

Any ideas?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It failed because of D3D invalid call, no clue why but i have see similar issue when MP was running and windows update change my video driver.
    So can it be possible that monitor was turned off and something goes wrong (like no display device available or something)

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That may well be, when I turn on or off HTPC, I do this with my Hamrony remote and TV all at once. Everything connected via HDMI. So it may be due to the TV becoming unavailable before the HTPC is shut down or the TV nit being available when the HTPC comes back on again.
    So I guess not really an issue but only a log entry.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MMmh, now this is odd.
    Was listening to Web radio stream (Deluxe Lounge Radio), when suddenly MP crashed with no interaction.
    Again, several log entries with invalid thumbs, then a "ystem out of memory" exception. The HTPC is equipped with 4 GB of RAM, the task manager showed 1,7 GB of free system memory after the crash.The only other errors are those I keep getting with MPSync (at the moment reenabled fpor testing and debug purposes, but this didnt seem to be the showstoppper).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi it can be related to MPSync :

Code:
    15.06.2014 19:41:57 - [INFO ] MPSync: [Synchronize_DB] synchronization of table Image in database \\SERVER\MediaPortal\Mediaportal\database\FanartHandler.db3 in progress...
    15.06.2014 19:42:05 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [Process_DB_folder] waiting for background threads to finish... 1 threads remaining processing {FanartHandler.db3}.
    15.06.2014 19:42:15 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [Process_DB_folder] waiting for background threads to finish... 1 threads remaining processing {FanartHandler.db3}.
    15.06.2014 19:42:25 - [DEBUG] MPSync: [Process_DB_folder] waiting for background threads to finish... 1 threads remaining processing {FanartHandler.db3}.

It's like it can't access to db and then no more thumb can be managed and lead to a crash (so MPSync or FH) i have FH but not MPSync and on my side, i didn't run into this issue for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom