iOS App for TVServer

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by JudgeD, December 28, 2016.

1. JudgeD

JudgeD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello to everyone

I hope I am posing this in the correct place, I have tried to find an answer but couldn't find one hence my question. Please direct me if there is already information.

I have now setup a Mediaportal system which records FreeviewHD in the UK. I am then transcoding the shows with MCEBuddy, loading them into iTunes and serving them to an AppleTV. I am only using the TV Server function, relying on Apple to supply the music, photos etc. I intend therefore to uninstall the Mediaportal front end and just use TV Server.

I would like to schedule my recordings using either (or preferably both) my iPad and iPhone.

Given that there are no trials of iOS Apps I would like some advice as to the best iOS app to schedule recordings on TV Server from my iPad or Phone.

I don't mind if the app has other functions that I won't use but the recording function is essential.

Thank you in advance.

J

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. johanj
    • Premium Supporter

johanj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 1
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    You can try MediaPortal iViewer preview version to see how the epg looks like.. Then look at the photos and videos from google group. You have day view or full epg. Can do advanced recordings, delete recordings etc. Imo the most advanced app for handling epg and recordings for ios but only for ipad and not iphone. But Im biased though since Im involved in developing the app...

4. Anu

Anu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Randomly stumbled upon this, if you need something that has basic functionality on both appletv and iOS, tvportal ( which I wrote) also works. I don't believe there are any other appletv apps. TVportal works directly with the tv server via mpextended. I use it as my primary UI for media portal.

5. alexeix

alexeix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Is TVPortal supported on Media Portal 2?

I’ve just come back to Media Portal and decided to try MP2.
    I’m looking for an app for my iPhone to do remote TV guide viewing, scheduling recordings, etc..

I looked in the config program, but couldn’t see a way to set it up - it doesn’t appear in the arson list.

6. Anu

Anu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    TvPortal uses mpextended for the API that it talks to. I believe this is only on media portal 1. Unless I am wrong you need to install the mp1 tv server anyway. (MPExtended)

Sorry I am not familiar enough with how mp2 works

7. alexeix

alexeix Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 2
    Thanks for the reply.

I’ve posted a query in case anyone knows of an app that will perform a similar function for MP2.
    If not, I suppose I will need to install MP1...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!