iOS App for TVServer (1 Viewer)

JudgeD

December 28, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello to everyone

I hope I am posing this in the correct place, I have tried to find an answer but couldn't find one hence my question. Please direct me if there is already information.

I have now setup a Mediaportal system which records FreeviewHD in the UK. I am then transcoding the shows with MCEBuddy, loading them into iTunes and serving them to an AppleTV. I am only using the TV Server function, relying on Apple to supply the music, photos etc. I intend therefore to uninstall the Mediaportal front end and just use TV Server.

I would like to schedule my recordings using either (or preferably both) my iPad and iPhone.

Given that there are no trials of iOS Apps I would like some advice as to the best iOS app to schedule recordings on TV Server from my iPad or Phone.

I don't mind if the app has other functions that I won't use but the recording function is essential.

Thank you in advance.

J

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You can try MediaPortal iViewer preview version to see how the epg looks like.. Then look at the photos and videos from google group. You have day view or full epg. Can do advanced recordings, delete recordings etc. Imo the most advanced app for handling epg and recordings for ios but only for ipad and not iphone. But Im biased though since Im involved in developing the app...

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Randomly stumbled upon this, if you need something that has basic functionality on both appletv and iOS, tvportal ( which I wrote) also works. I don't believe there are any other appletv apps. TVportal works directly with the tv server via mpextended. I use it as my primary UI for media portal.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Is TVPortal supported on Media Portal 2?

I’ve just come back to Media Portal and decided to try MP2.
    I’m looking for an app for my iPhone to do remote TV guide viewing, scheduling recordings, etc..

I looked in the config program, but couldn’t see a way to set it up - it doesn’t appear in the arson list.

Anu

Portal Pro
    July 1, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TvPortal uses mpextended for the API that it talks to. I believe this is only on media portal 1. Unless I am wrong you need to install the mp1 tv server anyway. (MPExtended)

Sorry I am not familiar enough with how mp2 works

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Thanks for the reply.

I’ve posted a query in case anyone knows of an app that will perform a similar function for MP2.
    If not, I suppose I will need to install MP1...

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anu: I forgot where I communicated with you about tvportal a couple of days ago. I have your app installed on an iPad mini 5 running iPadOS14.4. It is connected to Mediaportal Server 1.27 on Windows 2012 R2 Server via IIS and Mpextended 0.7.

Live TV and recordings play, but:
    1. you can't skip forward or back. The time line appears at the bottom, and the time changes when you tap on the line, and the snapshot shows a frame from (I presume) the right time, but if you touch anywhere, it either crashes or does nothing. In the latter case it eventually resumes from the original point.
    2. "Scheduled" displays the current scheduled recordings correctly, but pressing "Add" just displays a page with "Search" at the top but nothing else. I tried going to "Guide" and selected an item, but the only function available was "Watch" (which plays the current programme)
    If you can fix this it would be great. I am happy to be Beta tester (testflight?) if that helps. I think you said you didn't have MediaPortal anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom