theofieltje

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
Windows Version: Vista
1. TV Card: Firedtv-S2

When opening TV I get the message Give IP address or host name. This address is however the same as in TV-server config and mediaportal config. If I change the name I get the message I get the message some ports seem blocked (including 3306 (TCP) MySQL server. Watching TV with preview gives no problems. I already browsed the forum the whole day trying to figure this out without succes. Please advice

Attachments

• mp.doc
    30.6 KB
  • mp (2).doc
    30.6 KB

mthand

January 20, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sorry, I don't know how much help I will be, but I have been in your position and know that something is better than nothing!

If your preview is working ok, then it sounds like the database and the tuner card is fine, and the tv service will be running fine, and your logs seem to confirm you are running a single seat. In my opinion, the issue is the connection with the database. Have you checked your firewall is not causing this? (yes, even on a single-seat)

If not, I remember getting this issue intermittently, and a restart always fixed it.

Hope this helps!

theofieltje

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thnx for the reply, I already checked my firewall, this was not the problem.

I am a bit further now. I am able to connect to the TV-server by following these steps:
* Go to the Add Hardware control panel
* Click Next on the first wizard screen
* When asked if the hardware is connected, select Yes and click Next
* In the list of installed hardware, scroll to the bottom and select Add a new hardware device and click Next
* Choose the option titled Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click Next
* In the list of common hardware types, select Network adapters and click Next
* In the list of manufacturers, select Microsoft. Then in the list of network adapters, select Microsoft Loopback Adapter and click Next
* Click Next one more time to install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter and then press Finish
Next: control panel-> device manager -> network adapters select MS loopback adapter, right click -> properties -> advanced -> network address type the address you see in mediaportal configuration->television -> TV client (in my case 192.168.1.101.

I can now go to the MyTV screen in Mediaportal, however get the message :connection to TV server is lost. .....This is getting quite annoying.

theofieltje

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
last thing?

I hope I figured it out, though I haven't figured it out yet.

In the TV server configuration my TV server is called GEBRUIK-7E8BKH7
This host name is also given in MP configuration (host name of TV server)

Problem is that I believe Microsoft Loopback Adapter needs an IP address. When I just type my host name I get the error of the first post again (give IP address or host name)

So the question is, what is the IP address belonging to this host name?

What would also solve my problem I guess is how to make MSQL connect to the IP address 192.168.1.101. I can put this IP address in The TV server config, MP config, MS loop adapter, but NOT in MSSQL (at least: I don't now how?)

theofieltje

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My problem is solved! I went back from Vista to XP sp3, added DVB Hotfix, and now Mediaportal runs after the first install with MS SQL. I have two tuners installed (technotrend s2-3200 and Firedtv-S2, and can watch Astra 1, 3, hotbird and Sirius on two satelites (one with duo-lnb (astra 1 and 3) and one with three separate LNB's without problems.
I did not have to install MS loop adapter or other tricks anymore. So if anyone has the same poblems as I have had with Vista, I can advice to install XP and save a lot of headaches.
Mediaportal turned out to be incompatibal with Vista for me, With XP I have no problems anymore!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom