IP TV Support (1 Viewer)

iverona

February 9, 2006
Hi! I'm switching to Media Portal, and I've a question. I've been searching the forum but I did not find anything about IP Tv. I don't know if you know what i refer to, but here in Spain, a new TV service is present since a few months ago: It's called Imagenio. This is IP TV so, using the same DSL connection, we get TV+Internet and some extra services.

I'm able to watch the TV using VLC, because watching tv is as easy as connecting to a broadcast address. I'm wondering if there is any way I can integrate this feature into MP. Does anybody know anything about that??

Thanks a lot!!!

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This feature has been talked about. Some day we are probably going to move to a client/server where you would be able to hit the server and stream your TV to your clients. I know there are a couple threads that talk about this and even a couple users working on something like this. Currently the MP DEV team is working on making sure the product is 100 precent stable for what we current have within media portal. Once this has been completed, I can only guess and wonder what they are going to add to MP.

Flipit

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2005
    Iverona.

I just moved to Spain and have imagenio in the flat I'm in. I'm going to try to build a plugin for MP2.0. I have manage to get graphedit to render the stream using the DSNetwork (DSNet.ax) filter from the DirectX SDK examples and the MEPG2DeMux filter. I'll need to workout how to store the multicast adddresses and PIDs for each stream as a TVChannel, and how to get the DSNetwork filter recognised as a card. I'll do what i can... anyway the good news is that its totally possible using standard DShow filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom