IPTV working only for non-hd channels (1 Viewer)

smurf

Portal Member
April 12, 2009
I set up a custom playlist of IPTV channels, I scan channels and everything is ok in my tv guide.

I can watch channels except the HD channels.

The playlist has channels in format:
http://x.x.x.x:1991/live/429.ts

I tried to use every codec but I always hear audio and not see video.
I attach part of my log file, I don't know if it is the right log file... I'm not so expert!

EDIT: I forgot to write that even the non-hd channels are in .ts format and with VLC in the same pc I can see HD channels!

Regards

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello smurf

Sorry but the log file is of no use.
    Please collect full log files using the watchdog tool with option 1:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

The watchdog tool will start MP.
    Try to view a few channels (maybe one HD to show the problem, and one working SD channel).
    After that close MP.
    The watchdog will create a zip file containing all the logs that we need. You can attach that zip file.

Thanks,
    mm

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Thank you very much, now I have the zip with logs but they contain some personal streaming information that I'd like to not publish... What's the main log file that could help me to see what's wrong? So i can edit and delete my personal informations there!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For a start, at least:
    • MPIPTVSource
    • TVService
    • TsWriter
    • MediaPortal
    • TsReader
    • MediaPortal.xml

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't have a TsReader log.
    Are you 100% sure? There should be one. The MediaPortal log shows that TsReader is used, so I'd also expect a log file to exist.

Without it I can make two guesses about the cause of the problem.

First: the channel's video and/or audio streams may be encrypted. I can't determine if this is true without access to the TsReader log.

Second: firewall(s) or other network security software may be [partially] blocking the RTSP stream from the server.
    It looks like MediaPortal is configured to use RTSP to receive the stream from TV Server even though MediaPortal and TV Server are installed on the same PC. I'm talking about the "force RTSP usage" option here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tion/22_TV/Advanced_Options#Single-seat_setup

It is very unusual to enable that option. I recommend to disable it if you don't actually need it.

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    I checked again and I don't have a TsReader log. I enabled the tv server extension "Mediaportal IPTV Filter and url source splitter", without that I can't see normal (non-hd) channels.
    The channels are not encrypted, I can see them loading the m3u playlist with vlc in the same pc.

I also unchecked the "force RTSP usage" but nothing is different...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I checked again and I don't have a TsReader log.
    That's really odd. Please directly check c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log\.

I enabled the tv server extension "Mediaportal IPTV Filter and url source splitter", without that I can't see normal (non-hd) channels.
    Hmmm, I'm surprised again. The standard IPTV filter should be able to handle HTTP streams... but it probably doesn't really matter which IPTV filter you use.

The channels are not encrypted, I can see them loading the m3u playlist with vlc in the same pc.
    Okay. Then I'll definitely need the TsReader log to check the cause of the problem.

I also unchecked the "force RTSP usage" but nothing is different...
    A fresh MediaPortal log showing the result when the option is disabled would be useful.
    (Note that TV Server provides an RTSP (for testing with VLC or whatever) even when that option is disabled.)

smurf

Portal Member
    April 12, 2009
    Here is the TsReader log file, that was not included in the wathcdog packet, this log is WITH the option "force RTSP usage" checked, so it was generated with the other logs.
    If you need the same logs with option unchecked I can do it later!

And thank you very much for your support!!!

Attachments

• TsReader.rar
      25.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And thank you very much for your support!!!
    I'm happy to help. :)

It looks like TsReader is either not receiving video data, or having problems understanding the video data. Such problems are mostly beyond my knowledge.

If you need the same logs with option unchecked I can do it later!
    Yes, this would be helpful for confirmation

@Owlsroost
    @georgius
    Do either of you have any insight here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom