IR Blaster doesn't work after system wake/resume (1 Viewer)

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've seen two other threads for this issue, but both have been inactive for years without a solution. When my computer wakes from sleep or hybernate the IR Blaster no longer works. Restarting the TV service or rebooting the computer fixes the issue. Attached are my log files, but I'm completely stumped. There's no way I can think to restart the service when the system resumes from sleep/hibernate without causing the client to lose the connection to the server (I'm single-seat). I'm open to ANY ideas.

Attachments

• TvService.zip
    16.9 KB

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
FYI, setting my computer's suspend state to S1 solves the problem, but is not a good solution because it basically means my HTPC is running 24/7.

Chubler

Portal Member
July 14, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Don't know if this issue is related but I recently updated to MP 1.19 and my MCE Remote stopped working after a suspend. Reverting back to 1.17 corrected the issue and it is working OK after waking from suspend again.

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If this question was for me, yes. I'm on MP1.17 final on the server and 1.18 final on the clients.
Was thinking about upgrading all of them to 1.19 but will not do it right now.
I'm using HP transceivers on all the computers. Old but very reliable so far.

ultimatejoe

Portal Member
October 14, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I tried upgrading to 1.17 but still had the same problem. No joy trying to blast signals to the set top box after resume from S3, but S1 works fine. I guess I'll have to wait for my USB-UIRT to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom