IR-Remote Control Receiver for Microsoft Remote Control (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
Country flag
Hello

I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old board into the COM port of the new board. The parameters in MePo are the same as I made them in MePo in the XP computer. But I can't learn any IR codes.

Now ci could simply connect an IR to USB receiver as with menem kitchen HTPC and then program a Microsoft remote control on my Harmony. Just like in the kitchen. This receiver would have to match that, right?

Unbenannt.jpg

In the kitchen I have this one: Hama Remote Control for Windows Media Center

25992gimf.jpg

Or is the IR Receiver a spechial one: Hama Remote Control TV PC-Fernbedienung für Windows MCE Media-Center 10 8 7 XP | eBay

Or do someone know what is to do to use SerialUIR: SerialUIR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in Windows is there a setting for latency for HID devices. If the remote doesn't have those settings in the MyHarmony setup, then there is no recourse. :(
upon a second look at MP Config, there is no latency setting... only "Repeat delay" and "Repeat speed" settings, not even in...
I have a Logitech Harmony 650 remote and Microsoft 1040 IR receiver which I used successfully for several years on a home-built PC...
Replies
Views
Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull and I'll dig into it later, but actually I was referring to what MP2 is supposed to do with the button presses, so I was looking for a list of keyboard shortcuts to see which ones "match" between MCE and...
Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull...
I hope somebody has a few pointers as to what I could try, before I do a support request with Hauppaughe. For hardware details on...
Replies
Views
Well then that settles it: USB-UIRT is not using HID.
Well then that settles it: USB-UIRT is not using HID.
Hi I have a Harmony Remote 650 model and a USB-UIRT IR receiver and I would like to get all the functionality of using a remote...
Replies
Views
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it does recognise and support the "Ortek VRC-1100" -- it calls it the "Ortek Media Player" :). I added this to my Harmony 650 (I had one unused device available in the 650), and updated my "HTPC" activity...
I have now checked this. The "MyHarmony" online setup tool does not recognise the "Hama 00052451" as a supported device :(, but it...
There are two shortcomings common to existing MCE RC6 IR receivers: (1) On wake from sleep or wake from hibernation, a...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the long delay in getting this to you. I have attached the irremote.ini file here. I have been using the Inteset IR receiver with Windows Media Center for about a month with no issues. So I started configuring MediaPortal 1.6 to work with it. So far, I am able to move around the menus and play media, etc. I'm trying to...
Sorry for the long delay in getting this to you. I have attached the irremote.ini file here. I have been using the Inteset IR...
Greetings, I have a Windows 7 machine running Windows Media Center with a Hauppauge WinTV-DCR-2650 to receive my RC6 Remote...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom