IR Server Blasting Consecutive digits - Virgin Media Box (1 Viewer)

RSykes

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass 2.1.1
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Quad Core
HDD: 1x70GB Raptor 5x500GB
Memory: 4gb
[Video Card: 8600GT
1. TV Card: PVR150

I am having a problem blasting channels with consecutive digits E.G 112 to my Samsung STB with Virgin Media. When I send 112 I get 12 as if it won't except consecutive digits.

I am using TV3 blaster part of IR server suite (latest Version) with the defined codes for the Samsung 2100c and everything works great apart from the mentioned issue.

I believe the Blaster is sending the digits correctly but the box is ignoring it.

I have changed the delay between channel changes up to 1000ms and above with no look.

I was wondering if anybody else was having this issue with the Virgin Media box or had the hex codes to check they are correct.

If anyone could help that would be great as I am stumped with this one.

dobyken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 8, 2009
    Florida Gulf Coast
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not playing with blaster much anymore but I did see that there's a command line tool for IR Server Suite that might let you see where the problem lies. The one command (-channel) looks like it might help you. I've written a few blaster apps and used to have a setting for number of repeats but don't know if that's built into this software.

IR Blast (Command line tool)

IR Blast is for blasting IR commands from the command line.

But really IR Blast is to interface with other software that can launch external applications for IR Blasting.

Usage: IRBlast -host {server} [-port x] [-pad x] [-channel] {commands} Use -host to specify the computer that is hosting the IR Server. Use -port to blast to a particular blaster port (optional). Use -channel to tell IR Blast to break apart the following IR Command and use each digit for a separate IR blast (optional). Use -delay to specify a time to delay between each command or digit in a channel number (Optional). Use -pad to tell IR Blast to pad channel numbers to a certain length (Optional, Requires -channel). Use a tilde ~ between commands to insert half second pauses.

Examples: IRBlast -host HTPC TV_Power.IR This would blast the TV_Power.IR command on the HTPC computer to the default blaster port. IRBlast -host MEDIAPC -port Port_2 "Turn on surround.IR" This would blast the "Turn on surround.IR" command on the MEDIAPC computer to blaster port 2. IRBlast -host HTPC -pad 4 -channel 302 This would blast the 3.IR, 0.IR, and 2.IR commands on the HTPC computer to the default blaster port.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is just a guess, but...

Some remotes send alternate codes to prevent reflection

eg. Pressing '1' sends 'AAA1000' pressing '1' again sends 'AAA1001' pressing '1' again sends 'AAA1000' pressing '1' again sends 'AAA1001' ..etc...

This is so the receiver can distinguish between you pressing 1 twice very quickly 'vs' a reflection.

eg.

Pressing twice quickly = AAA1000 AAA1001
    Reflection = AAA1000 AAA1000

Maybe your blaster is sending AAA1000 AAA1000, and the set top box thinks the 2nd blast is a reflection so ignores it. So when you blast 112 you only get 12.

I know that some blasting programs support alternate IR codes, eg lmremote
    irbutton.png

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi kiwijunglist,

This is exactly what I was thinking, I will look at the software you suggested and see if this works.

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you can test it using your existing software.
    see if you get a different ir code each time you learn a button
    then map channel 1 to blast code 1(1st press)
    then map channel 2 to blast code 1(2nd press) ; to get the 2nd press just cover the port for the first press then learn the 2nd press.

1st test - Try to blast channel 11 (see if you only end up on channel 1)
    2nd test - Try to blast channel 12 (see if you end up on channel 11)
    If the above happens then you know that you need alternating IR codes.

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi kiwijunglist,

I used your method to test and that worked so it seems the first time you press 1 you get the standard code, the second time you get another code and the 3rd time you get the original code again.

So the question is how do I transfer this information to work with Mediaportal?

Thanks

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ask IRSS developer if IRSS can do this function, send them a link to this thread and ask them to respond

otherwise i know that LMREMOTE (free) can do this function. However the tvserver blasting plugin requires $$$. However it does have a command line interface.

otherwise you need to write a script that you can pass a number to eg. "112" and it will divide it into 100, 10 , 2
    and you can learn same IR code for 100 and 1 (IR CODE 1a)
    and learn a different IR code for 10 (IR CODE 1b)

Then for 112 it would blast 1a,1b,2a
    for 111 it would blast 1a,1b,1a
    for 123 it would blast 1a,2b,3a
    etc.

Then you could just call a command line interface blasting program by making a .bat file for each IR command.
    eg. 1a.bat , 1b.bat , 2a.bat , 2b.bat , etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom