IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Olegus:

From the looks of your remote version details it's not the same as mine, which makes it hard to test things like this, but I'll try a few ideas that I have and see what I can do.

M4TH:

Thanks, I've found the problem and fixed it, but I'm in the middle of a major overhaul of the installer so I won't be packaging up a new version for a few days at least.

If you're in dire need of this bug getting fixed then I suppose I could zip up the effected files and attach them here?

Cheers,

Olegus

August 28, 2007
    I think I know where the problem is - my PC initiates( reenumerates, refreshes, revives?) USB devices very slow. And Input Service is not patient enough to wait for them and don't bother to come back and check again . I added small DOS batch script to the Resume Event in MCE replacement plugin - it delays for 30 seconds and then stop/start InputService and it works. Does it make sense?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you're at least 50% right about that, but I think it can be solved in the code of the input service plugin for the mce device.

I'm glad you've got a solution in the meantime but I think we can have this fixed for the next version.

Thanks for the feedback,

trx

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Elk River, MN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Aaron [and-81]-

Thanks for the latest fix as MP now reliably changes channels on my Dish Network 301 receiver (before it wouldn't always pick up the first blasted ir signal). I can now use MP!

I also have a non-functioning MCE receiver after S3 wakeup. My PC also won't stay in S3 anymore but I'll have to investigate that more myself to see if it's something outside of MP.

Chad

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    petsa, rekenaar, and others:

I've now reproduced the blasting problem you're having and will hopefully have a fix within 24-hours.

Thanks for the quick and detailed feedback. It helped a lot.

1) The MP-Plugins are always installed to the MP default directory. If you use a different path for MP you have to copy them manually.
    2) I mapped the TV_Power button of my MCE remote to the command"standby", but the system always goes into hibernate mode. Logs are included.

1. I need to make a change to the installer there, I'll need to find an example nsis script to do that, hopefully the next version will have this in place.

2. Sounds like the default driver is acting on that button press. There are certain buttons that are automatically handled, that's one of them. To get around this you need to modify your registry as described in the documentation and at the last link in my signature.

Hi Aaron

Thanks for your help. In fact the issue is not dependent on the button or IR server at all. As always it is more complex. If TVserver is running the system always goes into hibernate if you select standby, even from the taskmanager or any other third party tool.

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country
    Hey Aaron, I have an issue which may or may not be related to the IR server.

First, I just recently went to a multi-tuner setup. I previously had one tuner, now I have two. The setup worked OK for a while under your october release. Then occasionally i would find that MP no longer reacted to most functions from remote. I could, for example, select a menu item like My TV or My Music, and browse in there, but I could no longer use the "back" button to get out. And once I tried "back" then I could no longer use any of the remote functions. I'd hear the "click" from MP, but no response. The IR receiver blinks showing it received the signal.

I eventually figured out that the cause was whenever i tried to watch/record both tuners at the same time. For example, if I am watching one channel, set it to record, then switch to another channel. Or if I have two recordings setup at the same time. I would occasionally notice that the IR Server icon was missing, so I assume it crashed or something. I could restart the IR Server and then it worked again. If the IR Server icon was still there I'd exit and restart again.

I tried the december version, but my STBs didn't receive then blast signal. The blaster would flash, but no response from the STB. So i gave up, went back to the October version, and just tried to avoid using both tuners at the same time (which defeats the purpose of multi-tuners :) )

Then I tried your newest version. When I encounter the tuning issue, the rest of the functions still work, meaning I can back out of menus, up-down-left-right, select, etc, but the blasters stop working. There is no flash or anything from the blasters.

I've tried recent SVNs, one in late december (28th?) and one from Jan 4th with same results.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting the same issue, so I wonder if you've seen anything like this before?

I won't have a chance to get the logs for a few days. I want to start fresh, create the error and close out, all the logs now have tons of stuff in them as this is on 24x7. I may do a fresh install but that definitely won't be for a while as I'm out of town for the next few weekends.

If theres anything else you want me to gather when I get the logs, let me know...

djkms

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    I to can also confirm that the translator does not work when resuming from sleep mode. The reason I believe it is the translator is because the up, down, left, right and select options work after sleep mode but play, pause, etc do not. Again awsome work on this plugin, cant imagine life without it.

info you requested from previous poster:
    Remote model - Harmony 550 with mce receiver
    Operating system - Vista 32 Ultimate
    drivers (default or replacement) - Default
    Any registry modifications - None that I'm aware of
    What sort of Standby (S1, S3, S4) - no clue, clicked sleep from start menu

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I also have a non-functioning MCE receiver after S3 wakeup. My PC also won't stay in S3 anymore but I'll have to investigate that more myself to see if it's something outside of MP.

I've been making all sorts of registry changes and bios changes trying to reproduce some of the standby/resume problems people have been having and at one point I had this problem too, but found it had nothing to do with IR Server Suite ... Every time I tried to suspend it would instantly resume. The only way I could find to fix it was to uninstall the MCE IR Device from device manager and reinstall it on a different USB port ... crazy stuff.

I'm working on these things at the moment and hopefully I'll have this stuff sorted out (finally) in the next version.

Thanks for your help. In fact the issue is not dependent on the button or IR server at all. As always it is more complex. If TVserver is running the system always goes into hibernate if you select standby, even from the taskmanager or any other third party tool.

That's just plain old weird... I don't know what the story there is... I'll look into it, but that sure is strange.

If theres anything else you want me to gather when I get the logs, let me know...

Just all the logs you can gather up. I'll see what I can find.

I to can also confirm that the translator does not work when resuming from sleep mode.

This will hopefully be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for the feedback,

elconejito

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Home Country

Just all the logs you can gather up. I'll see what I can find.

Thanks Aaron, I appreciate the help. I'm not entirely convinced the problem is the IR server suite, but its my best lead atm :D I haven't seen anyone else with the problem, so it may just be me :mad:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom