IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexRozen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello everybody! Have a little question.

What I have:
    - PC with DVI monitor and HDMI connected LCD TV.
    - Windows XP 32 bit SP3
    - MediaPortal 1.0.2
    - IR Server Suit 1.2.4.3064
    - Microsoft MCE Remote

What I want:
    - to use the Mediaportal on the second display (LCD TV) totally independently from the main desktop.

What I did:
    - Installed MediaPortal and configured it to work fullscreen on the second desktop, being allways on top.
    - Patched the registry to prevent Microsoft's HID drivers to intercept the remote keys.
    - Installed and configured IR Server Suite
    - Configured MP Control plugin for IR Server not to require focus.

So, I got mostly what I wanted except few small issues.
    I suppose, that hiding MediaPortal from task bar and discussing of it's animation lags in unfocused window are not the topics here.

But I want to know, If anybody has an idea why MediaPortal is focusing it's window after the "play" and "stop" commands are transmitted from the remote? Can it be fixed some way?

Clinton

Portal Member
    October 2, 2008
    MCE Transceiver now OK - almost

Thanks Simone for Test Build 3086. MCE Transceiver blasting and learning now work in Vista.

It is also good to see that the fix for the 'IRSS freezing' issue (added back in build 2907) works. The attached code refines that fix, in order to ensure satisfactory plugin behaviour if the transceiver is unplugged from the USB port.
    On plugging the transceiver back in, the IR server will still need to be restarted, but (with the mod) there will be no impact on the rest of the system if this doesn't happen. Please could you include this version in a future build.

Incidentally, the plugin contains code to detect and handle device removal and arrival, but it doesn't work (which is perhaps no big deal).

Attachments

• DriverVista3086Clinton.zip
      30.7 KB

beowulf

Portal Member
    July 12, 2007
    Isn't it time to make a new release? There has been testbuilds for forever now. It's hard to know what have changed between versions and if the current version avaliable for download is stable or not.

fjmalan

Portal Member
    August 9, 2009
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Seeing the changes is fairly easy : IRServerSuite/Changelog - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

And at the moment using the Latest Build (Test Build) would be reccomended i'd say, that would also cause more people to test the latest changes.

Version 1.4.2 Test Build 2975 i would consider was the last "stable" release (x64 Struggled a bit before that)
    But that was fixed in the latest builds (Post 3081)
    Personally Speaking the latest build works great for me

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Server 2008 R2?!

Hi - has anyone ever tried IRSS with Server 2008 R2? Getting this going is my last hurdle :) Just looking for tips at this point - I'll post more specific questions soon I'm sure.

madmat17

Portal Pro
    August 4, 2005
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all,

I'd really like to get IRSS working - seems to be a great plugin; but unfortunately not working on my (test) HTPC till now.
    Remote = iMON Pad (HID)
    OS = Windows XP SP3
    MP = 1.1.0 Beta1

I already have a guess why my IRSS doesn't work, but need to know what EXACTLY IRSS does need to run (in terms of system files, processes, services, etc):

1. Does it make any difference, where MP is installed?
      I do have 2 partitions on my HTPC's drive. C:\ is the system root; MP and "Documents and Settings" are filed under D:\
    2. What Windows System files and services are needed by IRSS?
      I'm asking, as I stripped my Windows installation to those components I REALLY need.
    The IR Server logfile shows, that the iMON USB receive plugin cannot be loaded (log attached) - but I'm not sure WHY.
    The iMonHidReceiver.log also shows some error messages. (see enclosed)
    Any clue?

I would be very grateful for ANY help, as I'd like to get rid of iMON's resource hog and install IRSS on my "productive" HTPC.

Thanks,

Mat

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HVR-2250 windows xp professional and Pace DC 50x

Hello all,
    I am one of the lucky ones :( whom use comcast and they are switching to all digital so now i need to use a DTA STB box.
    My current media portal setup is/was working great i was able to record 2 shows at once and i even had my RCA inputs working from my digital box to record any channel i wanted (As long as the digital STB didnt change). i never really used any blaster or remotes as i had a wireless keyboard and mouse so i am a newbie to these things.

However after playing with ir server suite i did finally get the remote working(before introducing STB) still had sticky keys issue but thats a different whole different issue..now that i have a pace 50x STB i have no idea how to get this to work with media portal. i have searched all threads and internet to find out how to configure ir server suite with pace 50x and could find out much info.

If someone can point me in some type of documentation or direction it would be greatly apprenticed.
    Note: the pace dc50x only has RF in/out no Svideo or composites

Also i dont see the pace 50x as a quick setup so i dont know how to go about working with this.
    Again i have never used blaster/remotes in the past so i am all new to this.

Thanks,
    ccna55

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get IRSS running with Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit obviously) and I'm having a really hard time getting the "transceiver" driver working for my MCE blaster.

I'm thinking I might swtich and try to use a serial IR blaster - something like: MythTV LIRC RS232 IR Blaster - but I wanted to check if IRSS supports using these devices to blast for TV Server (I see it as an option in the IR server but I'm not sure how to specify this mode of blasting in TV Server confirm.)

Thanks for your help :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom