IR Translator: Sending message to unfocused window (1 Viewer)

mojo_lo

Portal Member
September 1, 2007
How would one use IR Server Suite's Translator to control an unfocused application window?

I am using an MCE IR receiver with a Harmony remote. The translator recognizes the IR commands fine.

I am setting up button mapping for J River Media Center and have chosen to send window message to MJFRAME window class. The details are as follows:

Code: 12045
Description: Play/Pause
Command: Window Message: CLASS|MJFRAME|33768|10000|0

When I press the "Test" button, Media Center will play/pause regardless of whether it is in focus. Once I save and close translator, it does not function this way anymore. Although translator is still in my system tray, when I press the Play/Pause button on my remote, it will not control Media Center if Media Center is not in focus. Once I bring Media Center to the front, my remote is finally able to control it.

How do I get my remote/IR Translator to control an unfocused window? Surely IR Translator isn't meant to function this way.

EDIT:

Well, the problem was that I had created a J River Media Center program section. Because I had created the remote mapping under the J River Media Center section, Translator would not send the command to an unfocused Media Center window.

When I moved the mapping to the System Wide program setting, I was able to send the command to an unfocused window.

So basically, it's not possible to organize your mappings by program. The way Translator behaves is counterintuitive, and we will end up with a convoluted list of mappings under the System Wide section.

Is there a way to correct this behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom