IRSS doesn't work with new PC (1 Viewer)

pedram

August 14, 2010
Home Country
I had IRSS (Test Build 1.5.0.62) and Translator set up with my old zotac mini pc (running Win7 x64), MS MCE remote and an HP receiver and all was well. I got a new mini pc (same OS) with an IR receiver built in and when I install IRSS on this new PC the remote stops working. I set it up the same as before (install, enable MCE remote from the plugins list, configure and select to disable Media Centre and automatic buttons), but when I try to configure some buttons with Translator it doesn't detect any input (keeps timing out). I even tried using my old HP receiver and I see the light on the receiver come on when I hit remote buttons, but IRSS still doesn't see/do anything. I tried installing as both an app and service, and also upgrading to Test Build 1.5.0.75 but still no luck.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? The remote does work if I don't have IRSS installed so I know the system can read it, but the functionality is limited so I really want the IRSS MCE Remote plugin and Translator working.

Last edited:

Cpoc

Portal Member
January 7, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I had the same issues with the MCE IR's. It would detect then lock up would learn a few codes then say it could not detect IR. I just bit the bullet and got a usb-uirt, it works perfectly, very easy to install and and learn new codes from any remote.

pedram

August 14, 2010
Home Country
The thing is, on my old HTPC (also Zotac) it worked just fine with an HP IR receiver and MCE remote with IRSS. The new one has a built-in IR receiver, and IRSS has problems with that as well as with the old HP IR receiver. Installing IRSS disables remote input altogether.

Cpoc

Portal Member
January 7, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
I see for me MCE IRS receiver was useless nothing but problems from the start. All I wanted was simple blasting and usb-uirt just works. It was not cheap compared to MCE but the driver support is solid and it has 3 output supports. I use it all the time as my server is downstairs in my garage and can connect to any lan computer and stream my TV. Usb-uirt just works maybe worth the investment I know for me it was worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1379423987][/DOUBLEPOST]You may have to try another motherboard setup. My setup is central. I have all my recordings done on a different harddisk. I only use the server part of media portal. I use the client on windows PC and xbmc on android pc's . it works very well. I get random crashes on the android clients but that's because the software isstill alpha. I need to use the alpha because it supports hardware acceleration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom