IRSS / Drivers for eHome Inf Trans on XP x64 (1 Viewer)

pepsi_max2k

Portal Member
December 11, 2005
I've just googled the heck out of this for a couple hours and not found much promising.

I have an old eHome Infrared Transceiver I got with an old Hauppage PCI card, and am now running XP x64 bit.

Just wondering what the current status of drivers with this is (windows is doing the old "not found / not compatible" trick). I've got IRSS 1.4.2.4290 to install OK (1.5.0.59 gave a .net 4 not present error - it is and updated today), but still don't have working drivers for the receiver. Are there any about? Or anything that works with XP x64?

EDIT: Alright, sorta getting somewhere.

- XP x64, up to date with latest .net 4 patch from windows update as of 24/07/12.
- SMK / eHome Infrared Transciever aka MCE IR Blaster / MCE IR Receiver

- Install IRSS 1.4.2.4290.zip from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ir-server-suite-aka-irss-releases.75092/ (later one gives an error about .net 4 not being present :| )

- Grab the "obsolete" mce drivers ( MCE Replacement Driver.zip, 734.7 KB, Oct 3, 2007) from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/obsolete-mce-replacement-driver.29024/

- To install these, extract, open the main folder, delete the "vista_amd64" folder as XP will try to install these and they won't work.

- Open device manager, select the uninstalled eHome Infrared Transciever, update driver, No, specific location, search > folder > select root MCE Replacement Driver (the one with all the bat files and folders in), next, scroll list and select mceir_2003_amd64 or ia64 based on your cpu type.

- If nothing's there, try updating driver again, but this time ensure the vista folder is still in the main folder. then it will probably install the vista drivers, but these won't work. I think that's what i did anyway. then go back to previous step, removing vista folder and updating drivers and selecting the correct 2003 one.

- Driver should show correctly with no error as MCE Infrared Remote Control, Location 0 (eHome Infrared Transceiver), driver MceIrApi.

Now, open IRSS config, detect, should show MCE as selected, hit ok to restart, restart, start as application (server prolly works, didnt try yet), open debug client, connect to localhost, feel epic win as buttons echo data :)

Trial and error so far though. Still don't know how to actually make the buttons do anything on the pc (they don't seem to alter volume of anything so far, but then this is a logitech harmony synced to an unknown mce remote setup, but the debug output looks ok).

Will update if I get anywhere with real use.

(quick note - translator works :) now where's the volume commands...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom