IRSS Not Resuming after Wakeup / restart (1 Viewer)

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
June 18, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello,
I've been using IRSS for a little while now and there is just one little issue I need to fix. Whenever the HTPC is restarted or resumes from sleep IRSS doesn't seem to restart properly. I have to manually go to IRSS Config and stop and restart it each time.

I've installed the IRSS as a program and not a service as it told me that was the recommended method, perhaps I should have installed it as a service afterall? Also, is there a way to export the learned buttons from the IRSS TVServer plugin just in case I do have to reinstall so I won't have to re-setup my remote information?

Thanks,
Rob

sikkek

Portal Member
November 10, 2009
The Hague
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm having the same issue. No info in the log files, the server application just doesn't start....

What I did for now is place a shortcut to "IR Server.exe" from program files in my startup folder, that seems to do the trick.

Can a dev shed some light on this issue?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You should be able to flick between a service and a program in the IRSS config using the appropriate play/stop buttons at the top of the screen. It might be worth trying as a service and if the remote works normally and doesn't have the standby problem, then stick with it!

sikkek

Portal Member
    November 10, 2009
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nah, running as a service doesn't work with the iMon receiver I use, too bad...
    However, the question remains: why does the app not start automatically after a reboot or cold start?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I run IMon with IRSS in service mode, but I have some modified binaries. I will try to post a link to the instructions later.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I run IMon with IRSS in service mode, but I have some modified binaries. I will try to post a link to the instructions later.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    have you minisiplay activated ?
    try Delay USB initialize in Minidisplay config

1st try to Delay function if not work overwrite this file, and leave delay checked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom